Singapore Expats

True Yoga on Scotts Rd.

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
TauCeti

True Yoga on Scotts Rd.

Post by TauCeti » Sun, 23 Jun 2013 10:46 pm

Hi, does anyone here go to True Yoga for classes? What do you think of the place?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: True Yoga on Scotts Rd.

Post by the lynx » Mon, 24 Jun 2013 9:33 am

TauCeti wrote:Hi, does anyone here go to True Yoga for classes? What do you think of the place?
I've been to the one in Raffles Place so I can only comment based on general experience on how they manage the place, etc.

1. I personally think that the class size is too big. On peak hours, it can hit up to 40 people per session. Half of the instructors only stuck to their stage in front and they do not go around correcting the students' posture. So it really depends on which instructors conducting the sessions.

2. Facility-wise, I'm very pleased. The one in Raffles Place has good shower rooms, clean locker area, very comfy lounge and free water/tea.

3. Staff are pretty helpful and friendly. Only two words about the sales personnel there: Hard sell.

4. Class booking management is very efficient. They really ensure that those who books get the priority via e-ticket system, unlike some other gyms/yoga centres that are very lax in this.

5. Package-wise, there is huge margin on how much you can pay. Must negotiate based on your schedule (how often you can go) and budget (how much you're willing to pay per month). There is always something for everything.

I'd personally recommend you to request for trial period there if possible. Get a feel of that place, the facilities, the classes and the instructors. And shop around for the package.

Michael X
Regular
Regular

Post by Michael X » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 1:42 pm

If you are just getting started in Yoga, better to find a smaller studio so that you will get more individual attention from instructor. If the classes are too crowded you'll improve much slower or worse get injured.

Barry Brendantara

Post by Barry Brendantara » Wed, 30 Oct 2013 3:25 pm

I was a member in True Yoga for about a year at Pacific Plaza. What I initially thought was good, turned out to be average and ordinary. A few complaints:
1 instructors are usually have rigid routines that is the same again and again.
2 hot classes have blowers which create hot and cool spots thus, not consistent.
3 poor quality towels.
4 shower rooms have poor ventilation.
5 you have to bring your own locks.

Now, I am at Pure Yoga at Ngee Ann City. The facilities are very good and the instructors are fluid with their guidance and it's a joy to go. I hope this helps!