Singapore Expats

“VIETNAM and Vietnamese instant coffee productâ€Â

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
justintran

“VIETNAM and Vietnamese instant coffee productâ€Â

Post by justintran » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:05 pm

Hi all,
If you are living in Singapore (both Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans), pls help me fill in this questionnaire. It should take you just around 3 mins.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M1cgsq ... 0/viewform

This survey is about “Country-of-Origin effects on Singaporean consumers’ perceived quality and purchase intention of Vietnamese instant coffee productâ€Â

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:47 pm

Just another example of an illdesigned questionnaire.
I never dring instant coffee and have no idea whatsoever about Vietnamese instant coffee, yet the form forces me to answer all questions - with no option for "not applicable".
But the section about "Singaporeans should only buy Singaporean products" is entertaining! (Have you ever been to Singapore or looked it's size up on a map?)

justintran

Post by justintran » Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:27 am

Firstly, part 2 focuses on respondent's attitude towards Vietnam and its products generally ---- if u dont have any idea about these statements, just choose Neutral ---- these differ among customers, so some have, some doesn't :D

Secondly, the country-of-origin concept varies among product categories such as country-of-manufacture, country-of-assembly. In this instant coffee category, it may represent under country-of-brand origin. E.g. OWL coffee is a "Product of Singapore".

anw, thanks for your viewpoint :D

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Sat, 22 Jun 2013 10:50 am

I buy the big jars of instant coffee never the little sachets, but mostly bags of coffee beans. I do look at country of Origin to determine if it comes from a country where there are laws about quality control that are honestly enforced.
I wouldn't buy a cheap looking product from Vietnam. However if the label said organic, sustainable etc I might give it a try or google it.

The question missing from your survey is whether people think Vietnam is a safe country to buy from.

justintran

Post by justintran » Sat, 22 Jun 2013 2:11 pm

Hi Chan,
I thought that a "safe" country to buy from is quite general with many dimensions. So I think part 2 of the questionnaire can reflect a part of this :)

Not really all products from Vietnam is cheap looking, Vietnamese agricultural and food products is good value for money. At least for Vietnamese instant coffee, people here who like strong coffee also love it very much :D

However, I really do respect your view. It seems that you r among customers who put the country-of-origin on top, then the country image and general product image can impact on your perceived quality and purchase intention of a specific product :D. and the aim of my research is examining this effect :D

Thank you very much for your participation :D

Hope u can pass this survey to others, cuz I need quite a large sample :)

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 22 Jun 2013 2:55 pm

I normally would've axed your survey as we don't promote advertising or lazy research on this board, especially if it feels like it's for business.

But you're already getting a lot of flak for your shoddy questionnaire.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."