Singapore Expats Forum

my wife Pr Finally approve( reject 3 time in year)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nel1987

my wife Pr Finally approve( reject 3 time in year)

Postby nel1987 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 4:49 pm

hi all

im sharing my exp with you guy

my profile Im a singaporean my wife malaysia

me 27 my wife 26 been working in sg for 7 year. married for 1 year

im an engineer pay $3200 holding dipolma
my wife pay $1600

we had been reject 3 time in almost a year since 2012 feb apply and we did appeal for 2 time , just approve this year jan even seeking mp for apealing my case. but ICA still rejected us,

we truly want to start a family buying BTO flat
i send email CC our PM lee and ICA saying gov encourage young settle down have kid buying flat , but my wife pr reject how am i able to start a family without a pr for my wife and buying a flat , resale is over current in the market.

im current bought a flat waiting complete 2015 , i still wan to thank mr lee for the help write to ica , as we couple finally able to start a family .

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 5:32 pm

Congratulations. I wonder, would you be so kind as to let us know both of your races? I'm assuming you are both Chinese.

nel1987

Postby nel1987 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:20 pm

yup chinese

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:54 pm

So, the biggie was probably your salaries but with the help of a number of well placed biggies, it was enough to swing the tide in your favour. I doubt if any other race would have accomplished it.

Anyway, persistence in your case really paid off. Congratulations.

angeltan321

Postby angeltan321 » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:47 am

The pr will get approved only after one year of married, I think this rule is quite standard for the sg spouse who wish to apply pr. I guess you straight away apply pr for your wife after the married that's why your wife pr rejected 3 times in one year. I previously was a malaysian under work permit and I married to a singaporean. I applied my pr after 1 year+ of my married and my pr approved in one month time.