Singapore Expats

DP (Dependent Pass) for my girlfriend

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singapore86

Post by singapore86 » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 6:06 am

Hi sundaymorningstaple, to get married and then apply for a LTVP wouldn't be applicable I guess. As we'd be in a legal releationship?

To get that LTVP if we're living together for a year as a EP/student between us doesn't require a marriage either right?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 6:56 am

That is, if you can get her a student pass in an approved institution as a "Full Time" student. Go to the MOM site to see the list of approved institutions.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singapore86

Post by singapore86 » Sat, 06 Jul 2013 10:19 pm

We've been looking at Uptrend College in Singapore for that. If she holds a degree in English, and then books a 6 month full time diploma course there, is this a reason for ICA to reject it? Or are student passes allowed for any course as long as you meet the requirements and have paid the fees? I mean, even if all requirements and fees have been paid, can they still reject for other reasons like thinking the applicant will be coming to work or overstay or something? She is 30.

Also, I can really find any other threads on this forum saying that a DP got rejected even after cohabiting and marrying in Singapore. I have done lots of searching too!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 06 Jul 2013 10:36 pm

singapore86 wrote:We've been looking at Uptrend College in Singapore for that. If she holds a degree in English, and then books a 6 month full time diploma course there, is this a reason for ICA to reject it? Or are student passes allowed for any course as long as you meet the requirements and have paid the fees? I mean, even if all requirements and fees have been paid, can they still reject for other reasons like thinking the applicant will be coming to work or overstay or something? She is 30.

Also, I can really find any other threads on this forum saying that a DP got rejected even after cohabiting and marrying in Singapore. I have done lots of searching too!
Look buddy - you're now in the realm of gaming the system. Is the pussy that good? You're living the lap of luxury here when it comes to your choice of women. How about this.... instead of desperately trying to bring her over... why not see if a long term relationship works for a year or two and find a place you can both mutually move to? Although Sergei82 claims all Ukr girls here are rocket scientists or innocent models the ICA and the SPF know better.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 12:34 am

Uptrend had a provisional Edutrust Certificate so, in theory she can apply for that course. But again whether or not it would be granted, is another story. Just like any other pass, they need not tell you why they reject an application. But you can bet, if they smell anything that has a "gaming the system" pong about it, it will be rejected. If she hold a degree in English what course would she be taking in Singapore then.

http://www.cpe.gov.sg/cos/o.x?c=/cpe/pe ... le&pid=131
singapore86 wrote:We've been looking at Uptrend College in Singapore for that. If she holds a degree in English, and then books a 6 month full time diploma course there, is this a reason for ICA to reject it? Or are student passes allowed for any course as long as you meet the requirements and have paid the fees? I mean, even if all requirements and fees have been paid, can they still reject for other reasons like thinking the applicant will be coming to work or overstay or something? She is 30.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singapore86

Post by singapore86 » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 4:02 am

She was looking at the Business Diploma or IELTS English full time courses there.

The other thing is that she hasn't been working back home since she got made redundant 3 months back. In terms of finance, would I be able to sponsor her?

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:37 am

I personally knew of someone who was already here working for some months and intended to sponsor his (unemployed) girlfriend here for courses in some college in Singapore. The LTVP was rejected.
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 1:47 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:I personally knew of someone who was already here working for some months and intended to sponsor his (unemployed) girlfriend here for courses in some college in Singapore. The LTVP was rejected.
It has to be a local sponsor (SC or PR) so if this someone was on EP/WP no wonder it was rejected.