Singapore Expats

Rich

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Rich

Post by JR8 » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 9:50 pm

Been reading some statements this evening.

Ex banker/entrepreneur. At it since age of 14.

Just realised I'm freak insanely rich: And I never noticed.

(It's weird but nor does it matter, just a shock/stun moment)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:32 pm

Actually, had I the time and inclination, I would dredge up a number of your early posts here where you have told us numerous times......

And you are right, it doesn't matter one iota. You still put your trowsers on one leg at a time. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:05 pm

I think the real key to keep you going in life is being rich but somehow not knowing about it. That way, you still have some drive to work hard towards something. I dont know, I am not rich and I would love to have truck loads of money so that I dont need to work anymore, but then I know that the journey of getting there keeps you going and once you reach the destination, you wont know what to do next. No wonder the monk sold his ferrari ;)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 9:48 am

Recent life events that are 'normal' for people of my age have finally made me understand the truth in the old cliche about time being the most precious commodity. That's where my energies are increasingly focussed nowadays. Yeah, money is important too, but I absolutely HATE wasting the finite (but unknown) time available to me on things I don't enjoy and only do for the money.
Last edited by Mi Amigo on Wed, 19 Jun 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful what you wish for

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 9:49 am

All I want is for a chance to prove that money can't buy me happiness.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:21 am

:?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:51 am

Wd40 wrote:I think the real key to keep you going in life is being rich but somehow not knowing about it. That way, you still have some drive to work hard towards something. I dont know, I am not rich and I would love to have truck loads of money so that I dont need to work anymore, but then I know that the journey of getting there keeps you going and once you reach the destination, you wont know what to do next. No wonder the monk sold his ferrari ;)
Your first line is spot-on!
Not knowing it, or not accepting it.
Same is true of many of the seriously rich people I know, they're just normal, they don't 'act rich'. No chauffeurs, bodyguards etc...
It is an interesting philosophical point: I don't think you can have the mentality to 'get rich' and ever switch it off. There is no 'enough'.
Yep... when you've reached the terminus, where to next. This is very true. You have to go and make avenues. Hehe most of life you work to put food on the table. Then the flipside is needing to work, not for the income, but simply to stop yourself from going insane.

I mean just look at SMS! ;)

Nak wrote: All I want is for a chance to prove that money can't buy me happiness.
HAHA .... love it. :lol: Good luck on that pursuit my friend ... ... ...

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:17 am

nakatago wrote:All I want is for a chance to prove that money can't buy me happiness.
BTW your emo reminds me of Nicky-Boy...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:03 pm

JR8 wrote: Then the flipside is needing to work, not for the income, but simply to stop yourself from going insane.

I mean just look at SMS! ;)
Sad part is, it doesn't help.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 1:03 pm

Genuine LOL!!

Yes. It's you!!!

Lol!!!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 3:13 pm

Sad part is, it doesn't help.
Last edited by JR8 on Wed, 04 Dec 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:56 pm

I think having enough money to meet your needs and the extras you have time for is great. But loving the people your life has built around you and spending time with them is what retirement is for. Getting it up every day would be the cherry. I don't want our life to be defined by the money we have in the bank, I want it to be defined by who we are. I want sad people at our funerals, not expectant ones.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:11 pm

^This! :D

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:41 pm

Poofie hippie balls (I didn't get past line 1).

You don't live this line do you?

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:51 pm

Really? You think money can replace a partner, family and friends? Don't get me wrong, my husband is not in an industry renowned for it's care of the planet or planning for the future so we most definitely have material needs and aims. But growing our boys and tending our marriage is our true preparation for retirement. I want my bank full of joy.