Singapore Expats Forum

Best time to apply for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
stiwi
Chatter
Chatter

Best time to apply for PR?

Postby stiwi » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 6:51 pm

I was living in Singapore for 2 years and just came back after 1 year break. I am married Caucasian (no kids) with salary well above P1. My EP has been granted for 2 years.

I have the following options to consider:
a) Apply for PR now considering I was already living here for 2 years
b) Wait 1 year until first NOA after coming back and then apply
c) Wait 2 years until EP renewal and apply

Any thoughts? Do they take into consideration 2 years spent before?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 7:39 pm

To be honest? Looks like a bad risk as it shows them that you will go at the drop of a hat for a better offer. Not the type you want to give "Permanent" residence to, I would think. However, the worst that they can do is say no.

stiwi
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stiwi » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 7:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:To be honest? Looks like a bad risk as it shows them that you will go at the drop of a hat for a better offer. Not the type you want to give "Permanent" residence to, I would think. However, the worst that they can do is say no.

I was before with the same company as I am now. The question is rather if I should go ahead and apply now or wait 1-2 years after coming back. It is not a better offer that put me away from here but rather being undecided where I want my place to be permanent. Beside, I am sure they know that I am the only shareholder of the company, so it was not the "money thing".