Seen this?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 2:59 pm

Seen this?

Post by Brah » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 7:56 am


User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6869
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Once more unto the breach

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 8:56 am

Wow. Glad i wasn't on that flight.

On the bright side, at it was SQ FLight attendants cleaning up the mess. Can you imaging how miserable it would be if it was the oversized cows used by American or United airlines having to climb all over you? :oops: :cool:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:20 am

zzm9980 wrote:Wow. Glad i wasn't on that flight.

On the bright side, at it was SQ FLight attendants cleaning up the mess. Can you imaging how miserable it would be if it was the oversized cows used by American or United airlines having to climb all over you? :oops: :cool:
climb over you ?? now .. why didn't i think in that angle ;) ;)

BTW, the newer cabin seats have additiional steps in the aisle seats, for the crew to reach up to the ceiling ..

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:58 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:30 am

Reminds me of a flight I took form Stansted airport to Newcastle many years ago. Small plane, gale force winds at Newcastle. Coming in to land was like an extreme roller coaster ride. Bits and bobs flying everywhere and a large proportion of the passengers using the sick bag (not myself I have to say but my boss sitting next to me did!).

After we finally landed the air stewardess came on the speaker system to give the usual speech about keeping your seat belts fastened when just at that point the ride overwhelmed her and the entire plane heard her vomit loud and clear.

We all thought it was over however once we reached the stand the ground crew opened the luggage compartment doors at which point the wind started to tip the plane. I was at the front and could hear the pilot frantically shouting to the ground crew to shut the doors.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6869
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Once more unto the breach

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 10:58 am

ecureilx wrote: BTW, the newer cabin seats have additiional steps in the aisle seats, for the crew to reach up to the ceiling ..
That coffee and your breakfast will still be all over YOU, not the aisle.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:17 am

zzm9980 wrote:
ecureilx wrote: BTW, the newer cabin seats have additiional steps in the aisle seats, for the crew to reach up to the ceiling ..
That coffee and your breakfast will still be all over YOU, not the aisle.
of course, agreed !!

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1794
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Kinto Pino

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 5:31 pm

Sorry folks, I didn't see this thread until now and I created a parallel one on the same story:

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic95546.html
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 8:15 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by durain » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:28 pm

is that why durian is not allow on plane?

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9896
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 8:37 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Sorry folks, I didn't see this thread until now and I created a parallel one on the same story:

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic95546.html
They managed to clean it up very nicely and what amazing without a single FDW around.

Post Reply

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests