Singapore Expats

Helpers looking to transfer b/c families are leaving Singapo

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
natalietarno

Helpers looking to transfer b/c families are leaving Singapo

Post by natalietarno » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:17 pm

Hello!

We're a family that is about to move to Singapore, and we'd love to employ a terrific nanny / "helper" who is currently working for an expat family and whose family is leaving Singapore in June. Are there good sites where current employers who are about to leave Singapore post and recommend their current nannies so that new families can give them work? I've looked at the Classifieds on this singapore expats site, and the pickings are slim (and usually listed by agencies or the nannies/helpers themselves). I heard there was a good facebook site, but I can't seem to find it... Any guidance would be much appreciated!

We are a family of 6 (3 boys ages 9, 7 and 5 and 1 girl age 12). We are very involved parents, but we both work and would need some help with drop off and pick up for our 5-year old, picking up our 7 and 9 year olds, tidying up around the house and cooking dinner (strong preference for healthy eating). This is what our nanny in the US currently helps us with, and we love and trust her like family. Do nannies in Singapore do this same work? Thank you!
Hamsterwheelmom

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 8:33 am

It might be best to post this question under the "Staying, living in Singapore" section's sub forum "domestic helper and babysitter issues."

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/forum61.html

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 8:36 am

Any posts about applying to be OP's nanny/babysitter or similar will be deleted without warning.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 8:24 pm

OP - word of advice - helpers her are for the most part (99.9%) NOT like nannies you may have at home. They are maids who can babysit. I would suggest you get settled here, and they look around so you can interview in in person. If you are American (?) and you end up at the American school, club, etc...there are always families moving and you'll find one that way.

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 8:26 pm

ps. expats seem to be leaving in droves these days so you'll find one. If you are able to arrange for one of you to have have several weeks off to get settled that will help.