Singapore Expats

SAHM would like to meet new friends for myself & kids

SAHMs / WAHMs tell us how you are coping.
Wyp

SAHM would like to meet new friends for myself & kids

Post by Wyp » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:43 am

Hi,

We've relocated from the UK and currently in a Serviced Apartment nr Orchard Road. Son is 3yr4mo, daughter is 19mo. Husband started work on Monday and we'd love to meet up & make new friends :)

My little boy needs more stimulation! Help! Does anyone know of any good places for running around/soft play areas?

Thanks in advance, Wai Yee :)

Wjtwj

Post by Wjtwj » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Wai Yee
We've just moved from UK too, last Thursday. My daughter is just 2 and we're looking a to make some new friends.

Also in Serviced Apartment, hoping to rent somewhere soon maybe novena or clementi. Currently we're at buona vista so not so far from orchard road.

Don't really know anywhere yet but starting to explore. Would love to meet up

Abbe

Wjtwj

Post by Wjtwj » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 2:45 pm

Just checked with sister in law (she's Singaporean)

At orchard, opposite takashimaya store, paragon playground on 5th floor under toys r us is free.

rogine14

Post by rogine14 » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:33 am

Hi Wai Yee & Abbe,

Housing estate near Buona Vista MRT has some open playground, that kids run and climb around. Further up near clementi at Blk 400+, new estate, they had some there too ;)

There are other places where is not near where u girls are staying, had such chilren play centres too, but nid to pay some bucks and quite far east ;)

crimsonandviolet

Re: SAHM would like to meet new friends for myself & kid

Post by crimsonandviolet » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 12:13 am

Hi WaiYee,

We've recently moved here too and are now settling in Kovan area (NE/purple line). Our cheeky boy is 20mths and like to make new friends. PM me is you'r still keen to meet up with new people? Thanks

Wyp wrote:Hi,

We've relocated from the UK and currently in a Serviced Apartment nr Orchard Road. Son is 3yr4mo, daughter is 19mo. Husband started work on Monday and we'd love to meet up & make new friends :)

My little boy needs more stimulation! Help! Does anyone know of any good places for running around/soft play areas?

crimsonandviolet

Re: SAHM would like to meet new friends for myself & kid

Post by crimsonandviolet » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 12:13 am

Hi WaiYee,

We've recently moved here too and are now settling in Kovan area (NE/purple line). Our cheeky boy is 20mths and like to make new friends. PM me is you'r still keen to meet up with new people? Thanks

Wyp wrote:Hi,

janiceliu88

Post by janiceliu88 » Sun, 24 Nov 2013 4:28 am

Hello there!

You could also try the Central Lending Library at Bras Basah - they've got a children's library that's safe and fun for kids to run about, and a bit of a tree house structure too. My daughter's 15-months old and we live in Little India so I would be down for a meet-up, especially in town.

jk21
Regular
Regular

Post by jk21 » Sun, 24 Nov 2013 9:58 am

Had to revisit my post because I forgot to include what may be the best option...Botanic Garden. Lots of open space to let young one run a bit free with interesting things to explore. The gem is the 'Jacob Balla Children's Garden.' It is fenced off from rest of garden, have to enter from parking lot. Has sand play, tree house, swinging bridge, and so much more.

My kids are a bit older but how we burn off the kid energy...
- pool. With the weather and limited play areas, have made the effort to go to the pool nearly every day.
- various malls have play areas on the roof. Nex mall at serangoon MRT And a mall near Yishun MRT. Expect that there are many more.
- membership to zoo and to jurong bird park. During the week, quiet enough to give them the freedom to move around as they wish. Also have water play areas that we have not yet used.
- maybe a bit old for your kids but love the science center at west end of town. Water area toys focus on physics. Public park outside is called kinectic park. My favorite park ever for kids probably aged 4 to 10.

Have fun exploring and discovering