Singapore Expats

Love watching movies? Join us!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:20 am

I'll drop you a message so you have my number also.
Stevie

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:03 pm

Forgot about FF6. Because I watched it. :)
Actualy, my gf was watching it while I was desperately trying not to fall asleep. I wish they had more of movie itself and less of chasing and fighting. Even my gf (fan of Vin Diesel and Fast and Furious) told me she failed to follow the action and understand what's going on this time around.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 2:50 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Forgot about FF6. Because I watched it. :)
Actualy, my gf was watching it while I was desperately trying not to fall asleep. I wish they had more of movie itself and less of chasing and fighting. Even my gf (fan of Vin Diesel and Fast and Furious) told me she failed to follow the action and understand what's going on this time around.
:lol: well true enough, although that's kinda weird that your gf doesn't get the action, as it and the somewhat slapstick comedy is the only redeeming point of FF6. No more beautiful cars to wow us at all...other than the extreme speed tank that is. (not a spoiler, it's shown in the trailer. :p)
Atasiakk wrote:Dear Stevie,

We just started this so we have to work it out. This weekend there are 3 new movies out:

1. After Earth
2. Now You See Me
3. The Internship

Also I haven't watch Hangover 3 yet.

Anyone interested to go next week any of the weekdays evenings?
Do I want to spend my money to watch M. Night dig a deeper grave for his film career? After Earth is a definite no no...Rotten Tomatoes has said so. Hangover 3 too...maybe I'll find an internet copy ;)

Not a fan of Gatzby as well. Most likely will take the critic's side on my own review of the movie.

The Internship is a bit of an underdog, is it? I think I only saw the trailer once...but I'm still rooting for This Is The End...

I'm okay with weekday viewing, though I'd prefer not Tuesday or Thursday...
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

yezixiaoluoluo

Re: Love watching movies? Join us!

Post by yezixiaoluoluo » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 3:52 pm

Atasiakk wrote:I realized that there is no movie club here. I love going to watch movies of different genres and there is nothing better than to share this with a great company. If anyone interested to join please don't be shy :)

I am a 26/F, caucasian and very easy going :)

See you all,

Ana
Hey omg I am thinking about the same thing!

Apart from normal cinemas, I also go to Artshouse and Screening Room for movies. They have good collections of movies too. :) Let's watch movies together!

yezixiaoluoluo

Post by yezixiaoluoluo » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 3:53 pm

Akimbo wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Forgot about FF6. Because I watched it. :)
:lol: well true enough, although that's kinda weird that your gf doesn't get the action, as it and the somewhat slapstick comedy is the only redeeming point of FF6. No more beautiful cars to wow us at all...other than the extreme speed tank that is. (not a spoiler, it's shown in the trailer. :p)
Atasiakk wrote:Dear Stevie,

We just started this so we have to work it out. This weekend there are 3 new movies out:

1. After Earth
2. Now You See Me
3. The Internship

Also I haven't watch Hangover 3 yet.

Anyone interested to go next week any of the weekdays evenings?
Do I want to spend my money to watch M. Night dig a deeper grave for his film career? After Earth is a definite no no...Rotten Tomatoes has said so. Hangover 3 too...maybe I'll find an internet copy ;)

Not a fan of Gatzby as well. Most likely will take the critic's side on my own review of the movie.

The Internship is a bit of an underdog, is it? I think I only saw the trailer once...but I'm still rooting for This Is The End...

I'm okay with weekday viewing, though I'd prefer not Tuesday or Thursday...
I want to watch Now You See Me, im ok with anytime :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 4:30 pm

Anybody into theater?

Either Stomp in two weeks time, or The Addams Family?

I already got my ticket for Phantom :wink:
yezixiaoluoluo wrote: I want to watch Now You See Me, im ok with anytime :)
Well, if there's a good crowd, and also good seats, I'm game...where's the OP?

Preferably not on Thursday next week, cause most likely I will be watching Man of Steel (even if there's no one interested to watch it with me then...I MUST SEE BEFORE MY VACATION!!!!)
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

yezixiaoluoluo

Post by yezixiaoluoluo » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 5:22 pm

Akimbo wrote:Anybody into theater?

Either Stomp in two weeks time, or The Addams Family?

I already got my ticket for Phantom :wink:
yezixiaoluoluo wrote: I want to watch Now You See Me, im ok with anytime :)
Well, if there's a good crowd, and also good seats, I'm game...where's the OP?

Preferably not on Thursday next week, cause most likely I will be watching Man of Steel (even if there's no one interested to watch it with me then...I MUST SEE BEFORE MY VACATION!!!!)
lol me and two other frds will watch NOW YOU SEE ME this sunday afternoon, if you are free. I also want to watch Man of Steel! I can watch it with you!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 6:13 pm

I'll contact you straight for the details, yezixiaoluoluo (good God that's hard to type...) via whatsapp.

OracleOfQuantico

Post by OracleOfQuantico » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:33 am

just saw "Now you see me" tonight, based on the reaction of the crowd, I'd say they liked it too.

Couple of friends and I booked tix for Man of Steel next Friday at 9.45 @ Shaw Lido IMAX. Anyone else going?

I watch movies pretty much every week,most specially around this time bec of US summer flicks, if you want to come with, do drop me a message and meet up.
Last edited by OracleOfQuantico on Mon, 10 Jun 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atasiakk

Post by Atasiakk » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:03 pm

Ok guys - we ve got some strong responses here :)

I like to go watch movies regardless of reviews because very often I like movies with weak reviews and also some strong recommended movies appear to be "cookie cutters". So we ll go watch and decide for ourselves.

Tomorrow we will watch "Now you see me" 7.00 PM show at Golden Village Plaza Singapura.

Whoever wants to join please let me know. Meeting at 6.30 PM at Plaza Singapura Golden Village.

Atasiakk

Post by Atasiakk » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:18 pm

Change of plan - Cathay at Dhoby Gaut show at 8.25 PM :)

Meeting at 8.00 PM at Cathay at Dhoby Gaut

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:47 pm

Would've been glad to join, but I got lessons. Maybe next time, Atasiakk. Just post it here again. :)

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 6:29 pm

Smashing
See you there tomorrow then

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 6:31 pm

Oh, and Oracle. I'll be up for Man of Steel as well. Is that Friday 14th or 21st?

cynobis

Movie night!

Post by cynobis » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 9:00 am

Anyone organising a movie night (or day?)? :D

I'm a local Chinese female 31yo, in the creative industry, hope to get to know you movie lovers!

I like all genre too, more into action and adventure, thriller, animation. Horror is ok too (if in a grp, so afraid, haha)
☆〜 S t E f A N i E