Singapore Expats Forum

SOP FOR THIS EXPAT FORUM - RULES

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
martincymru
Chatter
Chatter

SOP FOR THIS EXPAT FORUM - RULES

Postby martincymru » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 8:44 pm

Forgive me but where can we as a "member" view the Standard Operating Procedure (or such like) for this Forum/Website. As a layman/novice I wish to have assurance that there is a set of Rules and Regulations in place.
( Please excuse my possible incorrect phrasing but I believe the question intent is clear ).

An example:
Where can we find the Rules governing the criteria that a " newbie " becomes a " member".

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 9:18 pm

You can't.

It is a function of the software setup. After x number of posts your designation automatically goes to then next level, which are nothing but a collection of "titles" that were put in by the administrators when the board was set up. There is nothing arbitrary there other than the number of posts. It is similar to the system setup regarding the activation of the ability to send PMs. There it is set at 5 posts in order to thwart the majority of PM spammers. Normally we will catch their style before they reach that number of posts, although there are always a few that slip by, but when we receive a complaint from a member, it over for the spammer.

So, keep posting at at some point you will become "Immortal"! :cool:

[/b]