Singapore Expats

Need advice on PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sandy84

Need advice on PR application

Post by sandy84 » Sat, 01 Jun 2013 11:39 pm

Hello All,

I am planning to apply for a PR in Feb 2014, and would like to take suggestions from the experts.

Profile:
-Indian Couple.
- Bachelor of Engineering.
- My earning is over 60K SGD per annum + 2 months salary as bonus.
- My wife - House wife
- Living in Singapore for 2 years having visa valid for one more year.
- Paid 2 tax notices.
- Currently holding Permanent position in one of the leading bank in
singapore.

Please help me evaluate my chances of getting a PR here.

Sandy

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 12:05 am

Indian Nationals
P2 pass on ~$5K/mo
Wife not working and no children

Doubtful.
But good luck anyway.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 9:11 am

SMS stop being so negative. There is no harm in his trying and from my experience, (and knowledge of only a few friends recently who have been successful recently), he and his wife fall within the acceptable range. Not clear whether there are children involved. I think there is no harm in trying - it is not a black mark against you if you do. It will be a positive move. And if you are not successful, it looks good on your next application, as it shows that you are serious in your intent.
Good luck
katbh

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 11:30 am

Or, that you cannot follow instructions when they tell you to reapply in a year and you reapply in 6 months. Anecdotal evidence does not support your claims. I do not try to blow smoke up people's arses like you have been doing. I give them a best guess based on the available accumulated data that we have. If they get lucky and beat it, it helps, if not, it tends to reconfirm the statistics. Being optimistic is great but not if people believe you and it costs them time/opportunity and maybe not formulating a Plan B.

You are basing on a few friends. We are basing a much larger cross section of society/industry (which by the - please be careful how you make posts in the Architects threads - almost sounds like you are trying to solicit business considering the business you are in). Anyway, you also have absolutely no knowledge of the inner workings of ICA so you do NOT know if it is a black mark or not on their applications. It could show that they are serious, or if it's the exact same application, it shows that they are not too smart either as the same application will result in the same result.

You have a lot to contribute to this forum, I acknowledge that, but please don't think your very limited circle of friends is the sum of all knowledge on the little red dot and all of it's various industries and Pass criteria. We don't know all the facts either but our data set is a lot larger with a wider reach. If you take the time to read my posts, you will note that not all my posts are negative. In fact most are balanced and have been accurate (if they come back to let us know) one way or the other. You are reading selectively because you feel you have an axe to grind.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 11:38 am

And who died and made you the rude arrogant cyber bully boss. This site seems to be run by 3 or 4 people who THINK they know everything. I too have experience and knowledge and you to simply assert that everyone is wrong, is unfair and disrespectful. Maybe he name of the forum should be changed.....
katbh

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 11:49 am

katbh wrote:And who died and made you the rude arrogant cyber bully boss. This site seems to be run by 3 or 4 people who THINK they know everything. I too have experience and knowledge and you to simply assert that everyone is wrong, is unfair and disrespectful. Maybe he name of the forum should be changed.....
See what I mean by selective reading?
sundaymorningstaple wrote:You have a lot to contribute to this forum, I acknowledge that, but please don't think your very limited circle of friends is the sum of all knowledge on the little red dot and all of it's various industries and Pass criteria. We don't know all the facts either but our data set is a lot larger with a wider reach. If you take the time to read my posts, you will note that not all my posts are negative. In fact most are balanced and have been accurate (if they come back to let us know) one way or the other. You are reading selectively because you feel you have an axe to grind.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 11:54 am

My My My.... You are a last word johny aren't you?!

Have a good Sunday.
katbh