Singapore Expats

House issues

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:18 pm

JR8 wrote:- A motorcyclist wearing his rain jacket back-to-front (this is very SGn! :))
Very dangerous. Accident, you fall and they may try to fix your head rotating it to the right position.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:22 pm

x9200 wrote:
JR8 wrote:- A motorcyclist wearing his rain jacket back-to-front (this is very SGn! :))
Very dangerous. Accident, you fall and they may try to fix your head rotating it to the right position.
It's pretty common in south east asia.

Too hot to zip up but wind breaking still needed.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:51 pm

x9200 wrote:
Most local cyclists don't have their heads screwed on too tightly in the first place so I doubt it would matter much. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:55 pm

Where the thing lets up to let water out, the sealant was (poorly) applied around the pipe.

Our water pressure is great, the showers in particular.

phil30k
Regular
Regular

Post by phil30k » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 6:03 pm

Hannieroo wrote:I'm not having it. Our agent is the company one and he is creaming off every expat they bring in and doing nothing whilst the other side think we'll either live like tinkers or pay through the nose. Not bloody likely. He actually said when we pointed an identical house on the market since last summer for almost $1000 less that it was probably haunted.

Anyway, I need a hobby.
Find out which department/ person in your company places a call to this agent and hound them for a response instead. Go to the source of the money!

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 9:52 pm

Yes, I will do that. Thank you.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 9:29 am

the lynx wrote: Isn't this supposed to be in your Cultural Shock thread? :-|

Oops, yes you're quite right. Sorry! :oops:

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 9:39 am

JR8 wrote:
the lynx wrote: Isn't this supposed to be in your Cultural Shock thread? :-|

Oops, yes you're quite right. Sorry! :oops:
You just realised that after so long?! :P

What have you been smoking man~?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:35 am

Teak,

Sumatran Gold

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:38 pm

phil30k wrote:
Hannieroo wrote:I'm not having it. Our agent is the company one and he is creaming off every expat they bring in and doing nothing whilst the other side think we'll either live like tinkers or pay through the nose. Not bloody likely. He actually said when we pointed an identical house on the market since last summer for almost $1000 less that it was probably haunted.

Anyway, I need a hobby.
Find out which department/ person in your company places a call to this agent and hound them for a response instead. Go to the source of the money!
The two largest areas of corruption in the MNC's occur in the HR department and consist of kick backs to the HR manager from car leasing companies and rental agents in my experience, this means you are getting substandard service. Just ask Psoniah LaWhoreOh (name slightly altered but phonetically correct). She was a french HR trollop run off from W for accepting gift cards from a rental agency for allowing them to send substandard vehicles to W instead of new ones.

janiceeve8

Re: Monkey hunt

Post by janiceeve8 » Mon, 15 May 2017 6:48 pm

Hannieroo wrote:Thank you. It will all get sorted and I'll hand over our 200 for the stuff we can't fix or get you to teach us how to fix! School broke up today and the house can go screw itself whilst I take my boys out monkey hunting. Gonna catch us a live one.

Jabbing lasted us three months. I know husband has fixed thus kind of thing before. We really do prefer, when practical, to do the work ourselves than be stuck in with workmen.
How's yr monkey hunt coming along?