Singapore Expats

Maternity clothing?

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
JJuulliiaa

Maternity clothing?

Post by JJuulliiaa » Thu, 30 May 2013 11:49 pm

Hi all

I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my first, we only moved here a month ago so am still finding my way around.

So my main question is where would be the best places to find maternity clothing? I'm not the most skinny (uk size 16) so am hoping its not going to be too tricky.

Thanks

Julia

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sun, 02 Jun 2013 5:50 pm

Marks and Spencers?
katbh

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 8:29 am

Mothercare is an option. There are several locations around the island.

Another way to go is second-hand stores or check craigslist for garage sales.

CIS has partnered with the local twins club for a garage sale this weekend:
http://canadianinternationalschool.news ... 0Flyer.pdf

JJuulliiaa

Post by JJuulliiaa » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 12:02 pm

Ooh cool thanks, hadn't thought of M&S, shall have a peek.

Shall look into 2nd hand stuff too :-)

Thanks both

J

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 12:16 pm

Size is the problem here. Often things do not go up to normal sizes like UK12. Online is also an option. Things get delivered pretty quickly to Singapore
katbh

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 12:22 pm

Boden and Debenhams deliver. Boden apply their normal discount codes and also adjust the tax so it ends up cheaper here than at home and they only charge £11 delivery. Asos deliver free and Next also ships here.

Mothercare in the Forum has maternity lingerie at 50% off.

earlgreylatte

maternity clothes and baby essentials

Post by earlgreylatte » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 4:56 am

Hello,

My husband has just relocated to Singapore and I would like to know where else can I buy maternity clothes (UK size 8) as well as other baby essentials? I am currently still in UK and I'm buying all the important things I can think of from John Lewis to ship it over. But in case I missed out anything, what are the main shops? I know there are M&S and Mothercare in Singapore. Are they as good as the ones we get in UK?

Thanks ladies!

JJuulliiaa

Post by JJuulliiaa » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 11:53 am

Thanks for those tips shall check them out, I found a couple of places round marina bay and also have discovered spring maternity so am a bit more kitted out :)

Mothercare seemed ok, quite pricey vs uk and maybe slightly less choice but to be honest I didn't spend much time in Mothercare in the uk so not 100% sure on that.

But having done a bit more exploring since my last post I'm confident that I can get everything over here. :)

earlgreylatte

Post by earlgreylatte » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 2:40 am

I bought some basic rompers from M&S and I'm hoping there is a babywear section at the M&S in Singapore! Does anyone else has any good addresses or shops to share where I can buy decent quality baby products comparable to UK or British brands?

Thanks!

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 5:51 am

People in Singapore have babies too. Baby clothes of all standards are available here everywhere. From markets, to giant hyperstore, to upmarket baby shops. Do not fret.

janiceliu88

Post by janiceliu88 » Tue, 01 Oct 2013 2:33 am

Singapore's actually really fun for the summery, tropical dresses that fit pretty much everyone - they look especially lovely on pregnant women, I do think, because depending on the cut they try to be roomier and one-size-fits-all, and they can also be obscenely cheap. Try Chinatown, around Albert Centre, or Little India - these areas all have lovely flowy maxi-dresses etc. I swear, when I have my next baby the first thing I'm going to buy is tons of happy, comfy summery dresses to make me feel good about my shape :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:15 am

just found a nice place for maternity dresses, and are quite good ..

Modern Maternity @ Harbor Front Center

My other half was very happy and the staff are pretty helpful .. and seem to have endless promos !!!

PS: not an advertisement, but, passing some good info ..

LucyLee

Maternity Wear

Post by LucyLee » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 5:15 pm

Heya, I know harbourfront has quite a few potentials, and also marina square top floor... but I love the maternity fashion from the states and uk.. so i would use vpost or borderlinx or ShopandBox to just buy overseas and get it shipped directly to you in Singapore... that way you can save money and enjoy the better maternity fashion that's found overseas.

JJuulliiaa

Post by JJuulliiaa » Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:24 pm

Ooh I had not discovered / thought about the international shipping options.

That's a good plan thank you

The modern maternity place was good too :)

Have managed to find all the baby stuff we've needed without a problem, my new issue is nursing bras as again sizes are a bit of an issue - m&s only go up to a DD and that is not gonna cut it at all lol.

LucyLee

Post by LucyLee » Wed, 20 Nov 2013 1:23 pm

Yay glad you found the modern maternity place useful! Must say that its getting easier to source for maternity items from Singapore.. although I still prefer going the online route due to cheaper prices! Nursing bras... have you thought about using Amazon USA? Sizes in the US are much more realistic lol. Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales are starting so you'll probably be able to get great deals, and you can use ShopandBox, I know they have personal shoppers who will help you buy whatever you want, consolidate and box it up and express post it down to you! It's cheap too.. $30usd for a 1.5kg box?