Singapore Expats Forum

GAY COUPLE RELOCATION QUESTIONS

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 22 May 2013 6:18 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:So far I don't even know any successful cases when heterosexual couples were able to bring a partner without a legal marriage. That is not even mentioning homosexual ones just yet...

My then not yet wife and myself are such a case. I know more couples like this.

What was the visa type?


My wife and I too; I was on an LTVP.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5668
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 23 May 2013 9:07 am

x9200 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:So far I don't even know any successful cases when heterosexual couples were able to bring a partner without a legal marriage. That is not even mentioning homosexual ones just yet...

My then not yet wife and myself are such a case. I know more couples like this.


Yeah but female socket to male plug right? Not male plug to male plug?

uscate
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon, 19 Dec 2011
Location: Bahstin

Postby uscate » Thu, 23 May 2013 9:23 am

JR8 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:So far I don't even know any successful cases when heterosexual couples were able to bring a partner without a legal marriage. That is not even mentioning homosexual ones just yet...

My then not yet wife and myself are such a case. I know more couples like this.

What was the visa type?


My wife and I too; I was on an LTVP.


I'm not sure, but I think LTVP's may be getting harder to acquire. I came over in January, and had to provide a resume and diplomas documenting all of my degrees. We also had to have a JP notarize our "common law marriage" in the US. I thought the work / education documentation was a little overboard, given that I'm not able to work here....

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5668
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 23 May 2013 11:13 am

uscate wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:So far I don't even know any successful cases when heterosexual couples were able to bring a partner without a legal marriage. That is not even mentioning homosexual ones just yet...

My then not yet wife and myself are such a case. I know more couples like this.

What was the visa type?


My wife and I too; I was on an LTVP.


I'm not sure, but I think LTVP's may be getting harder to acquire. I came over in January, and had to provide a resume and diplomas documenting all of my degrees. We also had to have a JP notarize our "common law marriage" in the US. I thought the work / education documentation was a little overboard, given that I'm not able to work here....


Think Eugenics...

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 23 May 2013 11:05 pm

PNGMK wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:So far I don't even know any successful cases when heterosexual couples were able to bring a partner without a legal marriage. That is not even mentioning homosexual ones just yet...

My then not yet wife and myself are such a case. I know more couples like this.


Yeah but female socket to male plug right? Not male plug to male plug?


I'm talking about real cases I know of, facts. You're going on about how you think it *should* work, based upon rigid published inflexible principles.

I see no ground for further discussion on the point.

p.s. You say you're a missionary. What would God make of your slutty avatar though... ?

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5668
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Fri, 24 May 2013 3:04 am

JR8 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
x9200 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:So far I don't even know any successful cases when heterosexual couples were able to bring a partner without a legal marriage. That is not even mentioning homosexual ones just yet...

My then not yet wife and myself are such a case. I know more couples like this.


Yeah but female socket to male plug right? Not male plug to male plug?


I'm talking about real cases I know of, facts. You're going on about how you think it *should* work, based upon rigid published inflexible principles.

I see no ground for further discussion on the point.

p.s. You say you're a missionary. What would God make of your slutty avatar though... ?

I can discuss whatever I want dick face.

Secondly I'm an MK, not a misso.

Thirdly - should God have created such a being - God would revel in the joyfulness of such a delight - I'm not catholic man.

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu, 23 Jul 2009

Postby movingtospore » Fri, 24 May 2013 4:49 pm

OP, if you haven't been scared off by this thread - there are lots of people here who are accepting and tolerant. You just need to look hard for them. :)

And be aware that by the very fact you're a foreigner, you don't have a lot of standing here, let alone being a foreigner who doesn't fit into a particular box. If you try to secure a dependent pass for your partner you will be rocking the boat, which doesn't go over well. I'm not saying don't try it - just be aware it won't be easy, as others have said.

My suggestion would be that your partner tries to get his own posting and employment pass here. That way you're each here on your own standing. Good luck.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 24 May 2013 7:27 pm

PNGMK wrote:I can discuss whatever I want dick face.


Oh, and I am charmed to meet you too; what a joy to encounter you are.

PNGMK wrote:Secondly I'm an MK, not a misso.


Is that a transvestite?

PNGMK wrote:Thirdly - should God have created such a being - God would revel in the joyfulness of such a delight - I'm not catholic man.


Er, angry tranny issit? You can share, we are not judgmental here. That said your drama fit is threatening to overshadow another persons genuine and important topic/question. So rather than making this all about you, for no obvious purpose except selfish attention seeking, how about you try and help the OP instead, if you can tear yourself away from you, for just a moment?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9313
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Fri, 24 May 2013 7:48 pm

movingtospore wrote:OP, if you haven't been scared off by this thread - there are lots of people here who are accepting and tolerant. You just need to look hard for them. :)

I don't really think he has to look that hard starting from the fact that majority of the expat (and this will be likely his initial environment) are tolerant or don't give a **beep**.

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu, 23 Jul 2009

Postby movingtospore » Sat, 25 May 2013 1:57 pm

I meant on this board. :wink:

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sat, 25 May 2013 8:11 pm

I think you need to navigate through the published rules (AND also find/divine the unpublished ones).... as once in-country it seems pretty much anything, barring the intentionally provocative or 'anti-social', goes under the radar. The hurdle is to get in, in the first instance.

I've said it before, SG is the gayest place I've lived (perhaps as might be more expected of a very modern and highly liberal city > San Francisco, Amsterdam etc; It's just that singapore if far away from liberal. It's not bang in your face, it's 'quiet', but it hard to overlook once you you get the discreet local 'radio frequency'.

And it is certainly the tranny-est place I've lived or visited by light-years. I.e. what ever the published rules suggest it is not Teheran, and they're not going to drag you out and stone you.

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 27 May 2013 11:48 am

Do not (!!!) forget to watch this (if you haven't already):
South Park Is Gay!
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s07e08-south-park-is-gay


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests