Singapore Expats

Parents of New Citizens/PRs

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
2013insingapore

Parents of New Citizens/PRs

Post by 2013insingapore » Tue, 21 May 2013 4:45 pm

Hi All, I am a recent new citizen, and spouse is a PR for about 1.5 years, my parents are PRs.
His parents (55+) have retired and I would like to have them join us in Singapore so the family can stay together. We are both earning above ave income and the parents have good savings/pensions, so we are financially capable.

Our first application for her mom's LTVP was rejected. Is there anything we can do about this? There is a scheme where a citizen can apply PR for aged parents, i wonder if i can apply for my in laws?

Anyone has similiar experience? please share.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 May 2013 5:23 pm

Any particular reason why you are starting to spam the board with this? Do you think you will get a different answer? Or do you plan to keep spamming the board until somebody tells you what you want to hear, regardless of whether it is fact or not? The same people read all these threads as most use the search function at the top of the page that says "Posts since last visit" The last they they want to see is the same post over and over again. Moderators especially dislike it.

moderator.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers