Singapore Expats

Where to find the regular taxi driver for school drop off?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
crowsnest

Where to find the regular taxi driver for school drop off?

Post by crowsnest » Sun, 19 May 2013 9:26 pm

Hi, we're relocating to Singapore from sydney at end of May and will need a regular taxi service to drive us to the childcare in Turf City from Holland Rd (Mon to Fri except public & school holiday) at 8:15am on permanent basis from 3rd Jun onwards. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance!

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Thu, 30 May 2013 7:33 am

Hi. All preschools and schools have school buses that pick up an drop off at your door. Much cheaper and easier than a taxi.
But if you want the taxi option, the way we have done it in the past it to use taxi for the route for a few weeks. Chat to the drivers, you will often find one that lives locally and can do the same pick up every day. Some drivers do solely work runs for 2-3 hours each morning and PM - not picking up an non regular fares.
katbh

daysnknight

Re: Where to find the regular taxi driver for school drop of

Post by daysnknight » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 3:52 pm

crowsnest wrote:Hi, we're relocating to Singapore from sydney at end of May and will need a regular taxi service to drive us to the childcare in Turf City from Holland Rd (Mon to Fri except public & school holiday) at 8:15am on permanent basis from 3rd Jun onwards. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance!
i'm sure you can talk to any taxi drivers when u board their taxi.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 4:02 pm

daysnknight, did you even bother to read the last post before you replied? Or was your inane comment just to get enough posts so you could activate your PM function. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 4:56 pm

Ahh...SMS... harsh..but astute!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 11:12 pm

One of the other mods deleted the other four, just as inane, posts while I was typing out that message....... :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers