Singapore Expats

Average helpers wage in Singapore

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Sat, 25 May 2013 2:11 pm

QRM wrote:We pay $650 plus end of year bonus and annual holiday back home, she is worth every penny! She can cook 5 star restaurants meals, even maintaining a herb garden for her cooking, she knows how to run the whole house like an Aman resort, right down to folded triangles on the torn edge of bog rolls.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, I know one who is getting paid 900 plus but she is like the PA for the whole family (Sorting out flights holidays online etc.)
Damn. If you leave Singers let me know and I'll hire her. Ours is a nice lady but I just finished washing the floor she did such a $hitty job of mopping. But she's still a step up from the previous one who was working as a call girl on the side...

Kidding...maybe... :wink:

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 30 May 2013 4:02 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I think that, at a minimum, you should allow at least $15 per day, or $450 per month in wages. $15 per day doesn't go a long way in Singapore for things like toiletries, clothing, entertainment, and a phone. $20 per day is better still.
Under the FDW rules (I recently did the training course here) the employer has to pay or provide all meals (except day off), toiletries, some basic clothes and is expected to provide some entertainment (a TV) in addition to the wage. The idea is that the maid should be able to take home or remit most of her pay and some maids ask for the employer to hold their bank book for this reason. How much is a maids uniform I wonder?
We have them made at a local tailor for 250$ they look like the madarin oriental hotel staff ones. The misses insist on them wearing the uniform after she came back and saw our previous helper in the skimpiest hot pants and tightest vest top washing the floor, you can see her g-string and butt crack, I didn't mind at all!

There used to be 3 cathey pilots sharing a flat in HK and they made the helper wear the Anne summers French maid outfit

Seymour

Post by Seymour » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 7:30 pm

We have bought the uniform from an online blog, from Indonesia. They are all right, quite professional, comfortable fabric and not warm at all.

We asked the helper if she would like to get a uniform and she said yes. Like she doesn't have to spoil her own clothes. Also we hope the little one will be able to identify when she is on duty and off duty.

QRM would you mind telling me where is that local tailor? I may get the next ones from there. I know nothing that sounds like advertising is allowed so maybe you can PM me? I can't PM you back as I am too new but I think you should be able to send me a message anyways.

thanks in advance!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 8:28 pm

Seymour, QRM can post it on the board with no problem. We like recommendations from satisfied customers. We just don't like advertisers/solicitors. There is a big difference between the two.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers