Singapore Expats Forum

useless degrees

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

User avatar
Aragorn2000
Regular
Regular
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun, 30 Dec 2012

Postby Aragorn2000 » Wed, 22 May 2013 1:45 pm

Wd40 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:
Wd40 wrote:I know, I know :) Raffles place is a treat to work at, but CBP is next best.

But if you consider the commute, on bike with the ERPs and time, I prefer CBP.

MRT, just forget it. Sardine cans and I just hate the monotony of seeing so many people walk like ants glued into their cell phones.

Next best??? How about City Hall, Harbourfront etc?
Ok, sorry for offtopic. Can't stop ranting abt transportation to CBP. Its not at its best yet.


Yeah, I mean the whole CBD(Central Business District) area is nice. Transportationwise, I agree, considering the distance, the time taken by MRT is insane due to the Tanah Merah stopover. But hey I am unaffected by that ;)

For MRT lovers, just wait 4 more years, the downtown line is coming and the there will be an MRT exit right below Changi City Point :)



I thought most banks would have shuttles from Tanah Merah to CBP. Some even have buses from town going directly to CBP skipping MRT altogether.

I hate CBP anyway. The place feels so depressing. There're hardly any (big) trees so walking to Changi City Point for lunch is torturing.

Speaking about MRT, many people, especially locals, have this "die die must live near MRT" attitude. They can't accept living further than 2 bus stops from MRT. Most of the time, there exists a bus route going directly (or nearly so) going from where you live to your office.

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 22 May 2013 2:00 pm

CBP is a torture and disaster if you ever consider a bus to go there (unless that's shuttle bus straight to your office building).

User avatar
Aragorn2000
Regular
Regular
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun, 30 Dec 2012

Postby Aragorn2000 » Wed, 22 May 2013 3:20 pm

Sergei82 wrote:CBP is a torture and disaster if you ever consider a bus to go there (unless that's shuttle bus straight to your office building).


Well, unless you live in your own property, you can always rent a place near CBP and take public bus to Expo MRT, and then walk to your office.

My point is people can always rent a place reasonably near their offices and take bus from there bc commuting fro/to work takes 80% of your transportation. They can always take taxi for the rest 20%.

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 22 May 2013 3:59 pm

Aragorn2000 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:CBP is a torture and disaster if you ever consider a bus to go there (unless that's shuttle bus straight to your office building).


Well, unless you live in your own property, you can always rent a place near CBP and take public bus to Expo MRT, and then walk to your office.

My point is people can always rent a place reasonably near their offices and take bus from there bc commuting fro/to work takes 80% of your transportation. They can always take taxi for the rest 20%.

Walking all the way from behind the exhibition center to your office building is really wonderful "pleasure" early in the morning (especially when it is raining or the sun is up).

User avatar
Aragorn2000
Regular
Regular
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun, 30 Dec 2012

Postby Aragorn2000 » Wed, 22 May 2013 5:46 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
Aragorn2000 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:CBP is a torture and disaster if you ever consider a bus to go there (unless that's shuttle bus straight to your office building).


Well, unless you live in your own property, you can always rent a place near CBP and take public bus to Expo MRT, and then walk to your office.

My point is people can always rent a place reasonably near their offices and take bus from there bc commuting fro/to work takes 80% of your transportation. They can always take taxi for the rest 20%.

Walking all the way from behind the exhibition center to your office building is really wonderful "pleasure" early in the morning (especially when it is raining or the sun is up).


That's still better than being crammed in a train, esp if the ppl around you are sneezing, coughing or just being smelly.

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 22 May 2013 5:52 pm

Aragorn2000 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:
Aragorn2000 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:CBP is a torture and disaster if you ever consider a bus to go there (unless that's shuttle bus straight to your office building).


Well, unless you live in your own property, you can always rent a place near CBP and take public bus to Expo MRT, and then walk to your office.

My point is people can always rent a place reasonably near their offices and take bus from there bc commuting fro/to work takes 80% of your transportation. They can always take taxi for the rest 20%.

Walking all the way from behind the exhibition center to your office building is really wonderful "pleasure" early in the morning (especially when it is raining or the sun is up).


That's still better than being crammed in a train, esp if the ppl around you are sneezing, coughing or just being smelly.

For the same reason I find buses in Singapore being worse than trains.

iloverice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby iloverice » Wed, 22 May 2013 5:56 pm

Sergei82 wrote:
Aragorn2000 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:CBP is a torture and disaster if you ever consider a bus to go there (unless that's shuttle bus straight to your office building).


Well, unless you live in your own property, you can always rent a place near CBP and take public bus to Expo MRT, and then walk to your office.

My point is people can always rent a place reasonably near their offices and take bus from there bc commuting fro/to work takes 80% of your transportation. They can always take taxi for the rest 20%.

Walking all the way from behind the exhibition center to your office building is really wonderful "pleasure" early in the morning (especially when it is raining or the sun is up).


Sergei, why I never saw you before in CBP? Oh, I forget, go out for lunch also a torture.

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 22 May 2013 6:06 pm

iloverice wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:
Aragorn2000 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:CBP is a torture and disaster if you ever consider a bus to go there (unless that's shuttle bus straight to your office building).


Well, unless you live in your own property, you can always rent a place near CBP and take public bus to Expo MRT, and then walk to your office.

My point is people can always rent a place reasonably near their offices and take bus from there bc commuting fro/to work takes 80% of your transportation. They can always take taxi for the rest 20%.

Walking all the way from behind the exhibition center to your office building is really wonderful "pleasure" early in the morning (especially when it is raining or the sun is up).


Sergei, why I never saw you before in CBP? Oh, I forget, go out for lunch also a torture.

It is not a dating site, excuse me! :)

iloverice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby iloverice » Wed, 22 May 2013 6:20 pm

:lol:
I remember everybody always say, oh it's you Sergei, so it's like everybody saw you before there in CBP :D

hahahaha

Ok ok... I let you all back to the degree discussion :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests