Singapore Expats Forum

Post Deleted?

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
LeighC

Post Deleted?

Postby LeighC » Mon, 13 May 2013 8:05 pm

Hi mods, new on the board so cannot PM you directly and therefore hoping to get some attention here instead. May I know why my first post regarding a free yoga class was deleted? I read the rules prior to registering and I don't see why a free one-off yoga class can be considered spamming. What am I missing here? I see postings from people who are inviting other people to events and I don't see how my event is any different. I just happen to be teaching the class instead of merely attending it but I'm not charging for it so it's not exactly a commercial venture, so what's the problem?

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Mon, 13 May 2013 8:33 pm

did you read "ADVERTISEMENTS WILL BE DELETED" which is at the top of your posting area?

Doesn't matter if you are giving away a service or selling it, to be honest a free one off yoga class sounds very much like a route into introductions for you to start charging for future classes.

Do you agree? If I offered you a free service in my garage or a free haircut in my salon, what would be your first thoughts?

First post and trying to offer free stuff to the whole of the internet is pretty bad.

Oh, and also, people who are regular on here are not even allowed to be seen to be promoting their business at all either, so it's not just cause you are new!
nutnut

LeighC

Postby LeighC » Mon, 13 May 2013 8:47 pm

Um, a garage service or a haircut is not a social event so no, they're not the same. I wasn't offering free private classes. It's just one group class. Ever heard of paying it forward? That's essentially what it is. I normally just teach friends but I just thought it would be a great idea to include other people too. But anyway, never mind. Obviously not the right group to reach out to. Thanks.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 13 May 2013 10:05 pm

You're spamming? You're finished.

Them the facts, Bye bye!

p.s and if you get all upset and sulk off somewhere else, that just proves the point.

Byeee!

LeighC

Postby LeighC » Mon, 13 May 2013 10:29 pm

Pardon my ignorance but could one of the mods please delete my profile completely? It's obviously a mistake to join this group and I don't want any of my details anywhere on the site. Please delete this thread too if possible. Thanks.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 13 May 2013 10:42 pm

Oh FFS, grow up!

Tags: Failed spammer has attention seeking hissy-fit

LeighC

Postby LeighC » Mon, 13 May 2013 10:54 pm

LOL...the members are obviously not the kind of people I'd get along or would like to mingle with so what's wrong with wanting out? I don't need all the hostility.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 14 May 2013 12:46 am

You are in the wrong country if you don't want hostility. As it is at the moment the locals hate all expats. Anyway, as you can see, a lot of regulars help to keep the board free of advertising, soliciting, baiting, or other forms of comeons. We allow a single passive link in your signature block, but you are not allowed to refer to it in your posts. It's just what it says, a passive hyperlink that if it might interest somebody, they will clickon it. Otherwise, it will die on the vine.

For the record, if it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, quacks like and duck and has feathers to boot, it's probably going to be a duck. We tend to err on the side of caution. That way, we don't get too many that try to "Push" the boundaries. If you haven't noticed the board is NOT filled up with garbage. And we intend to keep it that way. You are welcome to stay, or go. If you go, it will be your loss.