Singapore Expats

Calf reduction surgery

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
kokonay

Calf reduction surgery

Post by kokonay » Sun, 12 May 2013 4:09 pm

Hello everyone,

i am from Paris ,i am interested in calf reduction surgery , that kind of operation doesn't exist in Europe , i would like to go to Asia but i need information please from people who had that kind of surgery done :
is it permanent ? the muscle removed will never grow back again ? is it possible to loose 2 or 3 cm ?

thank you

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 13 May 2013 10:35 am

Calf is a slow twitching muscle, it adapts to your body weight (not much of effect on it from weight training). Drop your body weight, and calf will become smaller.
And, sorry to say that, a muscle is an internal organ with specific function.
If you cut a piece of muscle, the rest will try to adapt to your body weight by increasing in size.
If you cut a full head of gastrocnemius (for example), the other one and soleus will grow in size again (which will shape your calf in a very odd mutilated way), so you need to remove the whole layer of muscle behind - you will not be able to move after that.

"Calf reduction surgery" is very awful and frightening combination of words. No wonder in Europe they do not do this stupidity.

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Re: Calf reduction surgery

Post by Rie Michiko » Thu, 16 May 2013 12:40 pm

kokonay wrote:Hello everyone,

i am from Paris ,i am interested in calf reduction surgery , that kind of operation doesn't exist in Europe , i would like to go to Asia but i need information please from people who had that kind of surgery done :
is it permanent ? the muscle removed will never grow back again ? is it possible to loose 2 or 3 cm ?

thank you
Hi,
I've tried calf lipo. Not much difference. My muscles are still huge. Dr advised to cut one of the nerves for the muscle if I really want to reduce it. Sounds too scary to go ahead.