Singapore Expats

Work visa

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
theregistrar

Work visa

Post by theregistrar » Sun, 12 May 2013 3:22 am

Hi guys - wondering how likely would work visa be approved? Got an offer from a bank and they are supposed to take care of all this (which takes 2+ weeks apparently) then I'd be moving over. But would they turn people down (been hearing it's getting more strict)? If so, how do they usually determine approval/denial?

Thanks a lot.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Work visa

Post by AngMoG » Sun, 12 May 2013 11:59 am

theregistrar wrote:Hi guys - wondering how likely would work visa be approved? Got an offer from a bank and they are supposed to take care of all this (which takes 2+ weeks apparently) then I'd be moving over. But would they turn people down (been hearing it's getting more strict)? If so, how do they usually determine approval/denial?

Thanks a lot.
There are a lot of factors that influence the decision making process here, among them are (in no particular order):
- salary
- industry
- race and nationality of applicant
- years of experience
- degree (which type, which university)
- professional experience

Unless you give people more details here, nobody will be able to advise. There is always a possibility of the visa getting rejected - for example if your salary is deemed way too low for your experience and education level.

As a general advice, I would suggest though to not make any definite commitments (like resigning your current position, renting a place, or booking a flight that cannot be canceled) until you have the IPA (In-Principle Approval) for your employment pass / s pass.

Soren_H

Re: Work visa

Post by Soren_H » Sun, 12 May 2013 12:59 pm

AngMoG wrote:
theregistrar wrote:Hi guys - wondering how likely would work visa be approved? Got an offer from a bank and they are supposed to take care of all this (which takes 2+ weeks apparently) then I'd be moving over. But would they turn people down (been hearing it's getting more strict)? If so, how do they usually determine approval/denial?

Thanks a lot.
There are a lot of factors that influence the decision making process here, among them are (in no particular order):
- salary
- industry
- race and nationality of applicant
- years of experience
- degree (which type, which university)
- professional experience

Unless you give people more details here, nobody will be able to advise. There is always a possibility of the visa getting rejected - for example if your salary is deemed way too low for your experience and education level.

As a general advice, I would suggest though to not make any definite commitments (like resigning your current position, renting a place, or booking a flight that cannot be canceled) until you have the IPA (In-Principle Approval) for your employment pass / s pass.

:o :o

University matters?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 May 2013 3:15 pm

Big time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers