Singapore Expats Forum
 

The Eagles are Gathering #11 or is it #12?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 5:22 pm
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:21 pm

morenangpinay wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
morenangpinay wrote:my throat is scratchy as well, would be better if it was indoors
In the cars of the Singapore Flyer?

Might bring it out of admin as well :D
for the great view? lol i feel sorry for your visitors
i just checked they suspended their operation due to the haze
The lady went home last night, the other guy has to stay til Monday as he is off to Kuching to visit customer.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37357
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:22 pm

Saint!

What do you think? Outdoors is going to be rough to say the least (actually I'm wondering if you will be open as well by then).

Would it be possible at the D&B? I know it's pretty crowded there on a normal Friday night. What do you think?

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 9:52 pm

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:07 pm

Not coming. Pretty bad cough. Being indoors doesn't help much anymore. :(

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37357
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:16 pm

From: Saint
To: sundaymorningstaple
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:42 pm
Subject: Re: PSI 400 - Dog & Bone?
Can give you the inside at The Juban as we will be open but only at 4pm today. If not The dnb is an option

Okay folks that are still in, what's it gonna be. I reckon I'm gonna die sooner or later anyway, so I'm in at either location. ;-)

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Kinto Pino

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:24 pm

I'm still up for it (either location). We survived the Blitz in London (well, not me personally you understand), so a little bit of smoke won't put me off attending tonight.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6865
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Once more unto the breach

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:27 pm

I'm open to either.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9544
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:29 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Not coming. Pretty bad cough. Being indoors doesn't help much anymore. :(
Hanni will win by W.O.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9544
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:From: Saint
To: sundaymorningstaple
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:42 pm
Subject: Re: PSI 400 - Dog & Bone?
Can give you the inside at The Juban as we will be open but only at 4pm today. If not The dnb is an option

Okay folks that are still in, what's it gonna be. I reckon I'm gonna die sooner or later anyway, so I'm in at either location. ;-)
I prefer Juban as per location but I don't get the message. We meet 7-thirtish, right?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 6:29 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:37 pm

Open to either.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37357
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:37 pm

x9200 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Not coming. Pretty bad cough. Being indoors doesn't help much anymore. :(
Hanni will win by W.O.
:lol:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37357
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 1:42 pm

x9200 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:From: Saint
To: sundaymorningstaple
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:42 pm
Subject: Re: PSI 400 - Dog & Bone?
Can give you the inside at The Juban as we will be open but only at 4pm today. If not The dnb is an option

Okay folks that are still in, what's it gonna be. I reckon I'm gonna die sooner or later anyway, so I'm in at either location. ;-)
I prefer Juban as per location but I don't get the message. We meet 7-thirtish, right?
I sent a message to Saint re: Tonight and wondering if, due to the haze be OTT if he would a) be open and b) as an alternative, could we use the Dog & Bone (his partners local in Siglap) as it's indoor.

So far, it would appear that you guys & gals are hardcore like me. So I'm thinking we can still wash down the haze with good beer & food at The Juban and while he's open front there, indoor should be a bit better.

7:30ish (He's not opening The Juban until 4pm today (maybe that's what threw the ringer).

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Kinto Pino

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 2:12 pm

I'm there dude.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Kinto Pino

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 3:51 pm

Dramatic improvement over the past couple of hours or so. If it stays this way perhaps we might still get a good turnout?
Be careful what you wish for

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 999
Joined: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 4:03 pm

Beer!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37357
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 4:05 pm

I took a walk out of my office here in Toh Guan and it was looking much better and the colour is back to grey/white again. Also, it seems the heavy wood BBQ/Smoker smell has dissipated considerably as well.

I'm ready for one of Saints new burgers! ;-)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests