Singapore Expats

PR Rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

PR Rejected

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 06 May 2013 2:47 pm

Hello guys,

Just wanted to update, after waiting for 10 months and checking the ienquiry site almost daily, sometimes twice a day, today the message has changed from "Pending" to "Rejected". Although a bit disappointed, I am glad that the wait is over and now I can take the PEP that has been pending for so long.

I hope someone who deserves that PR more than me gets it.

Cheers!

K.July

Post by K.July » Mon, 06 May 2013 3:02 pm

Mine is rejected too after waiting almost 10 months. I checked the status this morning and found that it is already changed from Pending to Rejected. :D

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR Rejected

Post by the lynx » Mon, 06 May 2013 3:45 pm

Wd40 wrote:Hello guys,

Just wanted to update, after waiting for 10 months and checking the ienquiry site almost daily, sometimes twice a day, today the message has changed from "Pending" to "Rejected". Although a bit disappointed, I am glad that the wait is over and now I can take the PEP that has been pending for so long.

I hope someone who deserves that PR more than me gets it.

Cheers!

There, there... Good thing you have Plan B. I doubt many people actually thought that well/far.

a_a_m

Post by a_a_m » Mon, 06 May 2013 5:12 pm

Have been a lurker here for a fair bit, but am moved to make a post today. My dependent PR applications for my wife and daughter also got rejected today - seems the ICA has been busy. We applied in early August, so it's been a good 9 months.

Our profile:

Me: Master's degree from NUS, early 30s, regional manager for an environmental consulting firm, salary ~$100,000, PR since 2010, Race - Indian. Worked in Singapore from 2008-2009, spent two years on deputation in Vietnam (though paying taxes/CPF, etc), then back here since 2011.

Mrs: Married for over 2 years at the time of application, early 30's, Master's degree from NUS, not been working since 2011 (took time off to raise our child), Race - Vietnamese

Daughter: 14 months old, Race - Indian

I guess the race, income (particularly there being only one), maybe length of stay, gender of our child were negatives. Now just waiting to see what the letter actually says - though I'm fairly certain there'll be no invitation to reapply.

Most likely we'll hazard another application once the Mrs is back at work, though the thought of another 9 month wait is not very appealing... In any case, we'll get working on plans B through Z. Makes me kind of wish I didn't recontract both our phone lines with Singtel yesterday!

Greenry82

Post by Greenry82 » Mon, 06 May 2013 8:43 pm

My PR application also got rejected today.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 06 May 2013 9:03 pm

Interesting, looks like somebody pressed the panic button and has just rejected all pending undesirable applications, one shot!

May be the terrible Malaysian elections result has something to do with it :roll:

fundoo

PR rejected

Post by fundoo » Mon, 06 May 2013 9:11 pm

We are also in the same boat..

We would like to share the good news that our joint application for PR has been rejected..

Applied for PR on 27th July 2012. PR rejected on 2nd May 2013.. 9 months & 5 days.. A baby could have been delivered much faster :)

K.July

Post by K.July » Mon, 06 May 2013 10:03 pm

I did apply PR application on Mid of July 2012 too. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 May 2013 10:32 pm

Next!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

enslaved

Post by enslaved » Tue, 07 May 2013 10:37 am

May be the terrible Malaysian elections result has something to do with it
Could be the effect of May day protest at Hong Lim Park

habeebhashim

Post by habeebhashim » Tue, 07 May 2013 4:39 pm

-HH-
Last edited by habeebhashim on Tue, 05 Jan 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

greenh0rn

Post by greenh0rn » Tue, 07 May 2013 9:45 pm

My application too got rejected today after 7 months wait. Looks like a lot of pending applications were rejected in one go.

My profile: 30 yrs old, Indian on EP for last 2 years.

Also, the letter doesn't state anything about reapplying. It just says that the application isn't successful. Any suggestions if we can wait and reapply after 2 years?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 07 May 2013 9:50 pm

greenh0rn wrote:My application too got rejected today after 7 months wait. Looks like a lot of pending applications were rejected in one go.

My profile: 30 yrs old, Indian on EP for last 2 years.

Also, the letter doesn't state anything about reapplying. It just says that the application isn't successful. Any suggestions if we can wait and reapply after 2 years?
No. If they didn't say you could reapply, that's basically the kiss of death.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 10 May 2013 8:59 pm

Ok. Today I received the thin letter from ICA with the dreaded wordings "you are welcome to stay on your existing passes" and I was in my mind like "yeah right! Thanks for the favor". Just kidding :)

Even after seeing the the rejected message first time on the website I still continued to check daily online hoping against hope that it was a technical glitch or something and waiting to see the letter itself. Now that the letter has arrived, it's finally sunk in that life goes on.

iKnoe9

Post by iKnoe9 » Fri, 10 May 2013 9:45 pm

It took a while for the letter to reach.