Singapore Expats

Anyone else near Orchard, or In a serviced apartment?

Need a playdate for your child? Look no further but here.
Tea_and_cake

Anyone else near Orchard, or In a serviced apartment?

Post by Tea_and_cake » Mon, 06 May 2013 10:05 am

Hi,
We have recently arrived from Melbourne. We're in a Serviced Apartment near Orchard MRT until the middle of June. My 3 year old is at preschool until 3.30 each day and I am hanging around with a 3.5 month old. I wondered if there was anyone else out there in a similar position who wanted to meet up?

5gomadinsing

Post by 5gomadinsing » Fri, 10 May 2013 11:32 pm

Hiya. We are relocating to Singapore at the end of June from the uk and will be living in a Serviced Apartment at great world and then hopefully in holland village come August time. I have 3 girls - 7,5 and 10 weeks! Would be great to meet up once we are out there if you fancy it? :D

Tea_and_cake

Post by Tea_and_cake » Tue, 14 May 2013 9:49 pm

That sound fab. Let me know when you're here and ready to meet up and we'll organise something.

Good luck with the move!!! Hope it's ok for you and the children.

5gomadinsing

Post by 5gomadinsing » Tue, 14 May 2013 10:44 pm

Will get in touch once we arrive. How have you found things so far? Have you managed to meet many other people and how is the baby coping with the change and the heat?...

Tea_and_cake

Post by Tea_and_cake » Wed, 15 May 2013 9:20 am

There are lots of opportunities to meet people - groups for mums with babies and toddlers etc. I have taken part in a couple of things but I'm deliberately taking it slow as there is a lot else going on at the moment - bank accounts to open, taking the baby to get her injections, going to get our ID cards etc. Plus i do find joining groups can be quite overwhelming, no matter how welcoming people are.

I have found that the routine I was beginning to establish for the baby before we left has gone completely out the window. But that's ok - it's just how it has to be right now.

The baby has been ok with the heat but largely because -sadly - I haven't been spending all that much time outside with her. When my older daughter was a baby I used to spend hours walking around with the pram - I really enjoyed it and it was a great way to keep fit. I can't do that here and I do miss it.

Hope your last few weeks in the UK go smoothly.

Wyp

Post by Wyp » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:33 am

Hi, we've relocated from the UK and currently in a Serviced Apartment nr Orchard MRT. Son is 3yr4mo, daughter is 19mo. Husband starts work tomorrow and we'd love to meet up & make new friends :)
My little boy needs more stimulation! Help!

cheryl77

Post by cheryl77 » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 9:53 pm

Hi there. We have also relocated from the UK in the last couple of weeks too and my little boy is desperate for little friends to play with. He is so fed up just being with me now. He needs more stimulation and I could do with having some mummy company too. My little boy is 3yrs 8 months. We have put his name down for a school but there is a waiting list. I live just off Oxley Rise so i am 10 minutes walk into Orchard rd and 5 minutes to Robertson walk.

cheryl77

Post by cheryl77 » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:02 pm

Hi there. We have also relocated from the UK in the last couple of weeks too and my little boy is desperate for little friends to play with. He is so fed up just being with me now. He needs more stimulation and I could do with having some mummy company too. My little boy is 3yrs 8 months. We have put his name down for a school but there is a waiting list. I live just off Oxley Rise so i am 10 minutes walk into Orchard rd and 5 minutes to Robertson walk.

Wyp

Post by Wyp » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:23 pm

Hi Cheryl, will be great to meet you too and find new friends. I probably can't private message you as still haven't posted enough on the forums. So will try after this reply. If not will post my contact details on here.

cheryl77

Post by cheryl77 » Wed, 05 Jun 2013 8:52 am

Ok that would be great. I am like yourself, not many posts yet. email is
It will be lovely to meet up.