Singapore Expats Forum

Gobi Challenge

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

SarahCogs

Gobi Challenge

Postby SarahCogs » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 11:24 pm

Hi All,

I've been in Singapore since August 2012 and as an expat wife and mother, I am not working as I did in the UK...so I decided to challenge myself in other ways and have decided to enter the Gobi Challenge 2014.

http://www.sand-baggers.com/gobi_challenge.html

I'm not an every day runner and will need training to get match fit for the event, so I am looking for any like minded individuals, male or female who would also be interested in setting themselves a challenge and who would have enough spare time to set a weekly training schedule.

I've run 9 mile in the UK so it's not like I've never run before but 9 miles is a very different prospect to 67 miles in the desert, but if you're going to set yourself a challenge it might as well be worth it right?!

Please email me if you're interested in meeting up to talk more and maybe start training for the challenge of a lifetime!!

I live in Novena, so the main running route would be Macritchie!

Hope to hear from you

Sarah
sarahsrun@outlook.com
:D

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Postby gonzales » Mon, 29 Apr 2013 2:03 pm

Hi Sarah,

I ran their Sahara event years ago, I did all my training in SG with others that also ran the event.

I contacted racing the planet & requested them to reach out to other SG based competitors & pass on my email address with a view to training together. It worked out a treat & I made some great SG friends out of it.

Alternatively you can reach out to "SG Runners" community to meet up with like minded runners.

Best of luck in the Gobi & do take care.

SarahCogs

Postby SarahCogs » Mon, 29 Apr 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, really helpful info
Thanks again
Sarah