Singapore Expats

Forgot to hand out WHP when leaving

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Chawee

Forgot to hand out WHP when leaving

Post by Chawee » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 6:21 am

I had a 6-month WHP back in 2008 for a 1-month internship.

Pass expired in Dec-08 and I left in Aug-08. The problem is that I forgot to hand it out at immigration when leaving (I was unsure whether I might be required to extend the internship a few weeks later).

Am about to come back to Singapore with my new work and was looking for my FIN for the EP application. Just noticed in my archive that my WHP pass was at home and point 3 on the reverse says I should have hand it over.
Is that a big deal? if yes what should I do?

- send it back by post
- do nothing/ pretend I surrender it when leaving
- can this be considered as overstaying, although I haven't been to Singapore since Aug-08
- can it impact negatively EP application?

thanks a lot

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Forgot to hand out WHP when leaving

Post by the lynx » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 9:14 am

Chawee wrote:I had a 6-month WHP back in 2008 for a 1-month internship.

Pass expired in Dec-08 and I left in Aug-08. The problem is that I forgot to hand it out at immigration when leaving (I was unsure whether I might be required to extend the internship a few weeks later).

Am about to come back to Singapore with my new work and was looking for my FIN for the EP application. Just noticed in my archive that my WHP pass was at home and point 3 on the reverse says I should have hand it over.

- send it back by post
- can this be considered as overstaying, although I haven't been to Singapore since Aug-08

thanks a lot
You will need to e-mail ICA immediately, explain the situation and seek advice. At most, they will request you to mail it back to them.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Forgot to hand out WHP when leaving

Post by FaeLLe » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 9:00 pm

Chawee wrote:I had a 6-month WHP back in 2008 for a 1-month internship.

- send it back by post

thanks a lot
This has been discussed on this forum before.
Do not worry too much about it.....

Chawee

Post by Chawee » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks for this, I could not found precisely a discussion about forgetting to surrender a WHP upon final departure but have emailed MoM and will see their response.

Will keep you posted for the benefit of everyone

Chawee

Post by Chawee » Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:09 am

Quick update for everyone.

Following my email to MOM, they replied me today asking me to send my expired WHP by regular mail to Work pass Division, MOM, Havelock Rd.

They did not mention any consequence for the delay, am I right considering that it will thus not have a major impact on potential applications with MOM in future?

Thanks

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:10 am

Chawee wrote:Quick update for everyone.

Following my email to MOM, they replied me today asking me to send my expired WHP by regular mail to Work pass Division, MOM, Havelock Rd.

They did not mention any consequence for the delay, am I right considering that it will thus not have a major impact on potential applications with MOM in future?

Thanks
Just do what they say :)
Dont worry about it too much.

Chawee

Post by Chawee » Fri, 17 May 2013 8:51 pm

Not much consequences apparently. Got EP in principle approval within 2 days of submiting application

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 17 May 2013 9:30 pm

Yeah, returning the expired pass is a mere formality.
The 1st time when I renewed my EP, for some reason, the older EP card remained with me and there was an overlap of about a month of validity between the 2 EP cards. No problems.

I know, this wont help you much now, but hopefully someone who reads this in future can breath a sigh of relief :)