Singapore Expats Forum

What are my chances to get a work permit?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Norwegian_1

What are my chances to get a work permit?

Postby Norwegian_1 » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 1:04 am

Hello everyone,

I'm sure similar questions has been asked a lot of times, so apologize for maybe bringing a boring question to the board, but I really hope someone can help me with an honest opinion.

I am currently in Norway where I work for a company doing recruitment towards the oil & gas industry.
Due to high demand, we have recently registered a company in Singapore, and I have been asked if I would consider moving to Singapore in order to run this office. So I will potentially be employed by our Singapore company.

My personal situation:
I don't have a Bsc or Msc degree, only educated from the Norwegian Army as an officer, and 10 years relevant work experience.
My annual income in Singapore will be approx: 350 000 S$
I will travel by myself.

Do you guys think I am likely to be granted a work permit?

Once again I apologize if this is not the place for this type of question.

Best regards from Norway

nakatago

Re: What are my chances to get a work permit?

Postby nakatago » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 7:36 am

Norwegian_1 wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm sure similar questions has been asked a lot of times, so apologize for maybe bringing a boring question to the board, but I really hope someone can help me with an honest opinion.

I am currently in Norway where I work for a company doing recruitment towards the oil & gas industry.
Due to high demand, we have recently registered a company in Singapore, and I have been asked if I would consider moving to Singapore in order to run this office. So I will potentially be employed by our Singapore company.

My personal situation:
I don't have a Bsc or Msc degree, only educated from the Norwegian Army as an officer, and 10 years relevant work experience.
I will travel by myself.

Best regards from Norway

Your salary puts you in the running for a P1 pass. I'm not too sure though about being in HR; maybe if your job title would sound high-falutin enough. Singapore is BIG on titles and labels.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Re: What are my chances to get a work permit?

Postby offshoreoildude » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 7:45 am

Norwegian_1 wrote:Hello everyone,

My personal situation:
I will travel by myself.

Best regards from Norway

There are plenty of expat recruitment agents here for the oil and gas industry. I don't think you'll have an issue.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Norwegian_1

Postby Norwegian_1 » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks guys, for sharing your opinion. I will take on the GM title of the company in Singapore, so hopefully that puts a bit of weight on it.

Once again thank you, and have a great day!

Mads