Singapore Expats

Down to earth easy going ex pat couple

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Anita Ghosal

Down to earth easy going ex pat couple

Post by Anita Ghosal » Sun, 21 Apr 2013 1:05 pm

Hello,

I moved over from London 6 months ago, to be with b/f dan. I had a wonderful network of good friends back home that I loved spending time with and doing all sorts lunch, drinks and dinner mostly and even some arts and culture sometimes ;) I miss having a little community of good friends for chats, laughs, fun and all that warm feeling stuff! So I thought I'd get proactive and give this a go, as there seems to be lots of us in the same situation.

We are both in our early 30's,I work in marketing and Dan in banking. Pretty fun, laid back, fun, genuine, adventurous types I guess ,certainly lurvvvveee food and wine and good intellectual conversation, ok maybe not so intellectual sometimes but we have our moments! ;)

Get in touch if you fancy meeting up and we can get something in the diary!

Anita and Dan
Anita and Dan :)

irishwifeinsingapore

HI

Post by irishwifeinsingapore » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:06 am

Hi Anita,

I move here from Dublin with my husband last year and it is quite difficult to find friends. We have meet some through the Irish societies but it is not the same as home where you have a good network of friends.

We are both outdoorsy and have bikes over here so we cycle in the east coast park and try to go hiking in the parks when the weather is somewhat cooler in the evening.

Like you guys we love food and going out for dinner, which is one great thing about here the choice is endless.

If you want to meet up for a coffee some evening I would be happy to and I will put my intellectual boots on!!!

Chris works in banking also and I am a solicitor who was working here for 6 months but I am now looking for a new job.

If you want to meet up some time let me know.

Bye for now
Fionnuala

Anita Ghosal

Re: HI

Post by Anita Ghosal » Wed, 08 May 2013 2:42 pm

hello Fionnuala, sorry been having trouble replying to this. I am going to lunch on Sunday with a new friend Hannah that I made on here too.. would you be able to join?? :) it would be lovely to meet you! email me on [email protected]

Hi Anita,

I move here from Dublin with my husband last year and it is quite difficult to find friends. We have meet some through the Irish societies but it is not the same as home where you have a good network of friends.

We are both outdoorsy and have bikes over here so we cycle in the east coast park and try to go hiking in the parks when the weather is somewhat cooler in the evening.

Like you guys we love food and going out for dinner, which is one great thing about here the choice is endless.

If you want to meet up for a coffee some evening I would be happy to and I will put my intellectual boots on!!!

Chris works in banking also and I am a solicitor who was working here for 6 months but I am now looking for a new job.

If you want to meet up some time let me know.

Bye for now
Fionnuala[/quote]
Anita and Dan :)