Singapore Expats Forum

Check for Termites

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

allymei

Check for Termites

Postby allymei » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:00 am

I moved in to this apartment Palazetto in Tanjong Rhu. AFter a month, i found termintes. The landlord has been very uncooperative in turning this into a livable condition.

It was 3 months later before it was acted upon.

Now 9 months later another nest has been found.

The landlord hired a real estate agent to represent her. But the agent Elaine Lee from Propnex Realty pte ltd has not been illusive. She is suppose to be here every time the pest control comes in but she is never here.

Thank goodness I have only a year's contract.

I'm outta here in a few months.

Please check for termites when you move into a new place, before you sign the lease. Otherwise, those insects will bug you and you cant get out of the lease here as Singapore laws protect the landlord before it protects the tenant

x9200

Postby x9200 » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 10:17 am

And you made all this effort to register to this forum just to crucify the poor Elaine for not showing up to the pest control appointments? :shock:

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Check for Termites

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 1:14 pm

allymei wrote:But the agent Elaine Lee from Propnex Realty pte ltd has not been illusive.

That would suggest that she has been around....... :lol:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Check for Termites

Postby JR8 » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 3:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
allymei wrote:But the agent xxx xxx from Propnex Realty pte ltd has not been illusive.

That would suggest that she has been around....... :lol:

The incorrect choice of words inadvertently suggests the exact opposite of what was intended.

i.e 'X has not been illusive' - the understatement suggests that you've seen just a little too much of them!

p.s. to the OP what is the agent meant to do when the pest-controller is visiting? Hold your hand, his, or both? :???: Sounds like a slam-job to me. If I were you I'd hope her husband isn't a lawyer.