ANZAC day is coming & illegal flag issue.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 8:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The only exception I'm aware of is the flying of a nation's state flag on a registered diplomatic vehicle of that nation. Otherwise, I don't think it will fly.... :-|
Well, a visiting yacht/ship may fly their own state flag (if there is no national ensign) in Singapore waters.

Of course, they should also be flying the Red Ensign of Singapore too, as a courtesy flag. (Often see yachts with the Singapore flag on them, but that is also strictly prohibited - they should use the Red Ensign).

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 8:35 am

CG, they would also have foreign registrations as well. I reckon, if you were to drive a Malaysian registered car or a Thai registered car here, you could fly the Malaysian or Thai flag on the respective car. Same doing a round the world tour with a British or US registered vehicle. But I have a feeling that trying that on a Singapore registered vehicle, unless carrying diplomatic plates, may just fail.

You might be able to fly the flag as long as a Singapore Flag was flown from the same mast but in the upper/higher position, but that would have to be confirmed. It makes logical sense to me though.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!