Singapore Expats

Convenient Area/Hotel for Look/See Trip

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ivysmom

Convenient Area/Hotel for Look/See Trip

Post by ivysmom » Tue, 16 Apr 2013 5:53 am

I'm planning my look/see trip for the end of the month and will be running around the city looking at schools and neighborhoods, no location in particular. I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion about the most convenient place to plant myself (for purposes for cabs, MRT, food options, etc.). I'm looking at the Pan Pacific in the Marina and the Swissotel Stamford, mainly b/c they get good reviews on tripadvisor and seem pretty central. Anyone have an opinion on those or thoughts on location generally?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 16 Apr 2013 7:12 am

Any of those are fine, and anywhere up Orchard Road isn't exactly slumming it.

Think I did the Oriental my first time > Park Royal @ Beach Rd 2nd time. Park Royal 3rd time. One of the hotels in Raffles City tower* the 4th time (with a bit of Fullerton slipped in), and the venue for the 5th induction is still TBA.... but anything other than the Mother-in-laws place will be fine by me... :wink:

Edit to add: * The Fairmont. I like it so much, that when we got married over at the Raffles back lawn, the Fairmont was where we spent our wedding night! And it was a blast, they went OTT, upgraded us, red rose petals all over the place, and also laid out in heart shapes here and there, towel sculptures etc. Phoo... amazing, certainly won't forget that in a while!