Singapore Expats Forum

This offer has expired (Free Japanese Support Lesson)

Want to learn a new language? Find someone who can help here.
shufu

This offer has expired (Free Japanese Support Lesson)

Postby shufu » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 6:18 pm

This offer has expired for personal reasons.

Though, to be fair to others, I will not delete this. Thank you for those who replied to me.

Dear moderators, please delete this if necessary.

I'm a Japanese homemaker. I'll teach you Japanese for free. Language exchange is not required as I gave up the idea of doing so. Females only.

My family is my priority, I should teach Japanese to my husband before I teach it to other men. So no males, please.

Females only. (no males, please.)
Available on Monday to Friday, 10am to 3pm (*No public holidays)
Venue: Only at my preferred place in the West (Green Line, one of the shopping centres in front of MRT station)

I can teach Japanese for free as long as you come to my preferred place. If you think it's not worth travelling to West in order to get free language support from me, just give it a miss.

Please prepare materials by yourself.

I'm doing this because I want to pass some valuable time while my family members are working/studying.

*edited on 30 Aug, made it a bit short.
Last edited by shufu on Fri, 30 May 2014 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HMSY

Postby HMSY » Mon, 22 Apr 2013 8:30 pm

Dear Shufu-san,

I would love to learn Japanese language and culture from you. I'm new here on this forum so have not written enough posts to be able to PM as you requested. Would you kindly PM me your email address please? Thank you.

yuukaze

Postby yuukaze » Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:17 am

Aww that's not true that people only want younger study buddies for language exchange! Younger people have so much to learn from mature people!

I'd love to learn more about the Japanese language and culture from you, but the western side of the island isn't so convenient for me : p

I'm very happy to talk online in Mandarin or English if that suits your purposes as well. PM me your email address (I don't have enough posts to PM yet : p) if you don't mind talking mainly on Skype.

I'm female btw ^^;;

Good luck : )

shufu

Postby shufu » Tue, 23 Apr 2013 3:49 pm

Hi HMSY,

Thanks for your interest. I'm just wondering if you are fine with the timing and location as you're in the central area. It will take at least 30~45 minutes by MRT, I guess.

Currently I am supporting 3 women individually. I took an intensive teacher's course before, however, I am not a professional teacher and my English is..., just like that #-o

Anyway, I'm happy to help you a bit if you've no problem with my location and timing.

shufu

Postby shufu » Tue, 23 Apr 2013 4:17 pm

Hi yuukaze,

Thanks for your kind message. I was rejected to be a language exchange partner due to my age, even though the age limit was not mentioned. And when I was looking for Chinese Study Partner, I was rejected because I'm Japanese.

As this is an Expat Forum, I understand that my timing is really not suits you...

ä¸Â

janiceliu88

Postby janiceliu88 » Tue, 14 May 2013 1:25 am

Hi Shufu!

I'd love to learn Japanese from you - I'm a homemaker myself with an eight month old baby, and it's something I've always wanted to do! I'm 25 and Singaporean (my husband's American, and our baby's both) so I studied Chinese all my life. I can read it pretty well but I'm quite bad conversationally, I would love to have someone to talk to and revise with! Please email me at aestival@gmail.com, or could I have your email?

And at 40 you're still young :D

shufu

Postby shufu » Tue, 14 May 2013 3:11 pm

Hi janiceliu88,

Thanks for your interest. I sent you PM. Please check it.

However,

janiceliu88 wrote:I studied Chinese all my life. I can read it pretty well but I'm quite bad conversationally, I would love to have someone to talk to and revise with!

So would you like to talk to me in Chinese? Not practice Japanese?

chichichi

Postby chichichi » Wed, 15 May 2013 4:59 pm

Hello! Shufu,

I'm interested in learning Japanese and will be happy to travel somewhere near your place because I have been looking for someone to learn Japanese from! I'm 24 yo, from Taiwan, working in Singapore. If this ad is still available and your time allows, I can teach Mandarin in return.

Please contact me if possible. Thank you very much. :)

shufu

Postby shufu » Thu, 16 May 2013 11:15 am

Hi chichichi,

Thank you for your interest.

I'm not quite sure if you are fine with the above mentioned days, timing and areas as you are working. And your age doesn't matters, just would like to confirm you are a woman.

Well, language exchange isn't required as I am lazy to spend time on public transportation. I have already given up having an idea of "Language Exchange".

When I tried language exchange with others, it always ended up speaking in English for 2 hours or more. I prefer not to spend time inefficiently. Right now I'm doing "Language support" and we are having really meaningful 1 hour.

Anyway, I sent you a PM, please check it.

chichichi

Postby chichichi » Thu, 16 May 2013 1:17 pm

shufu wrote:Hi chichichi,

Thank you for your interest.

I'm not quite sure if you are fine with the above mentioned days, timing and areas as you are working. And your age doesn't matters, just would like to confirm you are a woman.

Well, language exchange isn't required as I am lazy to spend time on public transportation. I have already given up having an idea of "Language Exchange".

When I tried language exchange with others, it always ended up speaking in English for 2 hours or more. I prefer not to spend time inefficiently. Right now I'm doing "Language support" and we are having really meaningful 1 hour.

Anyway, I sent you a PM, please check it.

Hi, Shufu

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to pm you, but I'm restricted to sent message to you. May I have your email then contact you directly?

I'm fine with the location and timing you mentioned. I'm a shift worker and my time may be flexible. :)

shufu

Postby shufu » Thu, 16 May 2013 2:46 pm

Hi chichichi,

Ok. I sent you PM with my E-mail address. Please check it.

Di Chito

Postby Di Chito » Thu, 30 May 2013 1:30 pm

Hello I'm italian and I really wish to leearn japanese and chinese :D I live in tiong Bahru and I'm free every day :) no problem about hour and venue!

shufu

Postby shufu » Fri, 31 May 2013 4:04 pm

Ciao Di Chito,

Lei e italiana, non e italiano, vero? Vuoi studiare giapponese o cinese?

I can teach you Japanese, or very basic Chinese. (My handwriting is very good but Chinese is my 3rd language so I recommend you to look for others to learn Chinese, though.)

I'm a bit busy in June, but from July onward, I can teach you regularly if you want to.

I'm not a well-trained teacher, and not suitable for chit-chat buddy, so please prepare a textbook to study Japanese. I can help you learning Japanese with your materials.

little fairy angel

Postby little fairy angel » Fri, 31 May 2013 6:39 pm

Shufu,

You're so kind, how I wish my state can learn Japanese language for free. Anyway I am from Malaysia but my state don't have language center teach Japanese. Now work hard try to get job from Singapore really wish I can get job there and learn Japanese language for free. Just wonder if i didnt work here still available for me attend foreign language class in singapore? so that I can learn the language and at the same time try to get the job there... As I getting my degree in international business from Malaysia so I wish learn other language to help in my career maybe :wink:

shufu

Postby shufu » Fri, 31 May 2013 8:15 pm

Hi little fairy angel,

I came across this idea as I just wanted to be a bit more sociable person. At first, I was looking for language exchange partners but I failed with several reasons.

In Singapore, there're many churches where offer free English lesson. Because it's one of the most important communication tools in Singapore.

Japanese isn't the important language in Singapore or Malaysia.

little fairy angel wrote:Just wonder if i didnt work here still available for me attend foreign language class in singapore?

Sorry I have no idea.

There's lots of Community Centres where offer various course with affordable lesson fees. However, I really have no idea if they require any visa to attend courses at CC.