Direct selling property to Buyers. No bites - what gives?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 999
Joined: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:35 pm

It is cheeky.

It's 3 hours of free parking, the usual mall food and if you have kids it has a few geeky little computer shops and an outside playground (4th floor I think) that has a little water park. The Giant is the usual Giant food but has a decent array of western cleaning products.

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:10 pm

I'll try and remember to ask my wife about it later.

If she knows of it, I'll give you her 'feedbacks'.

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9873
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 8:52 am

Hannieroo wrote:It is cheeky.

It's 3 hours of free parking, the usual mall food and if you have kids it has a few geeky little computer shops and an outside playground (4th floor I think) that has a little water park. The Giant is the usual Giant food but has a decent array of western cleaning products.
They also have reasonable choice of wine* and if you are lucky, the sushi they prepare in-house may turn pretty good.
The playground is one of the more decent water playgrounds in Singapore and if you go there on Sunday morning, practically deserted. Sometimes you have to call the security to come over to switch the power on.

*) although I can not recommend buying over there any more expensive wines as they are often temperature spoilt. I guess they are simply staying too long on the shelves.

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Brah » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 9:09 am

JR8 wrote:I'll try and remember to ask my wife about it later.

If she knows of it, I'll give you her 'feedbacks'.
Have her write it on her "stationeries".

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 10:06 am

Brah wrote:
JR8 wrote:I'll try and remember to ask my wife about it later.

If she knows of it, I'll give you her 'feedbacks'.
Have her write it on her "stationeries".
while she tries to lose her "fats".
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Brah » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 11:24 am

Image

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39572
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 12:04 pm

Advertisements for those big teak Chinese sailing vessels, maybe? :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 5:12 pm

:lol:

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 2:51 pm

Post by Beeroclock » Thu, 02 Jan 2014 9:59 pm

Gonzales, any joy with the direct sale or you resorted to an agent eventually?

User avatar
gonzales
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat, 24 May 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Singapore, Wild West

Post by gonzales » Thu, 02 Jan 2014 10:56 pm

I got zero traction marketing it myself. The best I got was nosey neighbours with no intention of buying dropping in during our open houses to have a gawk.

We used several agents in the end (open listing) & it sold to our satisfaction in 4 weeks.
We agreed a 1percent the commission which is ok for us.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 2:51 pm

Post by Beeroclock » Thu, 02 Jan 2014 11:13 pm

gonzales wrote:I got zero traction marketing it myself. The best I got was nosey neighbours with no intention of buying dropping in during our open houses to have a gawk.

We used several agents in the end (open listing) & it sold to our satisfaction in 4 weeks.
We agreed a 1percent the commission which is ok for us.
thanks for the feedback/closure. I've had the same thought myself if/when we eventually sell up but wondered if it will work in practice

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 999
Joined: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:14 am

I never came over even once!

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4249
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:57 am

1% commission! So for a 1Million Dollar house, the agent get $10,000, wow!

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 2:51 pm

Post by Beeroclock » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 4:10 am

Wd40 wrote:1% commission! So for a 1Million Dollar house, the agent get $10,000, wow!
and the standard rate is 2%

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4249
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 7:27 am

Amazing! Ofcourse being a full time agent means thats your income and you live and die by it. But if you are part time agent then thats cool money if you can click like even one deal in a month. There are lots of people/jobs in Singapore that dont really commit full time on their day jobs.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests