Direct selling property to Buyers. No bites - what gives?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 999
Joined: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 2:05 pm

You see it in Dubai, Egypt Mexico etc. So is it purely economic in that the relatively wealthy pay someone and the poor just do without?

No sense though. We needed a new washer but our tools are still on the boat so called and they just sent somebody out to replace the entire tap.

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
gonzales
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat, 24 May 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Singapore, Wild West

Post by gonzales » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 2:26 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
gonzales wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:Property agents bascially suck the buyers schlong. They drive them around in cars, buy them meals, complement them.... when they come across someone like myself who says "Cut that nonesense and cut your commission" they get really pissed.
If I was a Buyer, I'd be very wary of anything the Buyers agent would tell me as it's in the agents interest to squeeze as much from the Buyer as fast as possible, can people not see this or does the "sucking the schlong" experience really mean that much to some Buyers?
Singaporeans' are the most egotistical farts on the planet sometimes...

Oh Mr Tong! I see you're born in 1940! I thought you were only 50!
\
Comely property Agent

Ah hah - you so nice lah! You know I am actually always told that!
\
Fat, ugly, corrupt Sinky LL

Oh you so humble as well.... I like that (Big ugly thing on his finer) ring! You must have paid SO MUCH for it.
\
Comely Property Agent

Ah thank you! I was given this by Suharto for saving his company funds!
\
Lying fat, ugly, corrupt Sinky LL

And your wife is so nice, she is very young too ah! And such lovely kids (referring to the brats who demanded the agent take them to MacDonalds and promptly spilt a milkshake in his car).
\
Comely Property Agents Male Young Partner with slicked down hair.

Ah you so nice... I sign offer today can?
\
Conceited, blind, fat, ugly, corrupt Sinky LL who is married to a bitch of a dragon lady who carries his balls around in her LVL bag.
Well written Sir, I pictured every exchange vividly in my mind's eye.

User avatar
gonzales
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat, 24 May 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Singapore, Wild West

Post by gonzales » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 2:29 pm

x9200 wrote:
gonzales wrote:Labour is cheap here vs. EU & US so I can see why it is easy & cheap to get someone to do it for you but it just doesn't sit that well.
I am afraid the truth could be worse than this. Majority simply can not do such tasks properly or they think they can not, or they don't think they can. What makes it even worse, the people they hire to do this often can not do it neither.
On the topic of helplessness, if there's one thing that riles above all else it's seeing a tow truck being called out by an able bodiesd man to change a punctured wheel.

JESUS PEOPLE!!
Can I say Jesus on here?

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9873
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 2:37 pm

...but please... don't get me wrong, I am not advocating to do everything by ourselves just for the sake of it being trivial and the fact that we can do it (dirty laborious work to be a good example) but there are many things where you will spend more time and often effort arranging for the repair and supervising it than doing it by yourself.

User avatar
gonzales
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat, 24 May 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Singapore, Wild West

Post by gonzales » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 2:40 pm

x9200 wrote:...but please... don't get me wrong, I am not advocating to do everything by ourselves just for the sake of it being trivial and the fact that we can do it (dirty laborious work to be a good example) but there are many things where you will spend more time and often effort arranging for the repair and supervising it than doing it by yourself.
Hear, hear & it will still not be good enough compared to if you had done it yourself.

Google "ThereIfixedit" hilarious diy efforts on there.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6865
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Once more unto the breach

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 2:41 pm

Hannieroo wrote: I'm not sure I've ever seen so much Kate Spade outside of Ross Dress For Less.
Have you ever seen a Discovery channel special with piranhas feeding on a cow or something of the sort? Imagine a lot more blood, and that's what happens when Singaporeans go to the states and visit an outlet mall.

Now if said outlet mall (or a Ross, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, etc) existed in Singapore, they would *never* be caught dead shopping there, and likely avoid the brands those shops carried...

User avatar
gonzales
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat, 24 May 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Singapore, Wild West

Post by gonzales » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 2:43 pm

Spoke to soon.

Got 2 contacts from direct buyers since I posted this earlier this morning.

All is not lost!!!

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

Post by offshoreoildude » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 3:09 pm

gonzales wrote:
x9200 wrote:
gonzales wrote:Labour is cheap here vs. EU & US so I can see why it is easy & cheap to get someone to do it for you but it just doesn't sit that well.
I am afraid the truth could be worse than this. Majority simply can not do such tasks properly or they think they can not, or they don't think they can. What makes it even worse, the people they hire to do this often can not do it neither.
On the topic of helplessness, if there's one thing that riles above all else it's seeing a tow truck being called out by an able bodiesd man to change a punctured wheel.

JESUS PEOPLE!!
Can I say Jesus on here?
Hah - next time I see that I gonna stop the car and tell my wife to get out and change their tyre to shame them, (my wife is a model thin tall white woman).
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39572
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 5:15 pm

What happened? She found you when SHE was wearing beer goggles? :lol: :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39572
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 5:16 pm

Sorry. Couldn't resist! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

Post by offshoreoildude » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 5:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry. Couldn't resist! :wink:
She had her reasons... which are yet to be disclosed to me. But she now has a family and never thought she would (even though it's an incredibly blended lot - we have three nationalities, 5 passports and don't really know where we will end up).
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 7:16 pm

Just want to give a +1 to the cracking posts above from OSOD and ZZM. Some insightful and genuine LOL material there!

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 999
Joined: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 6:04 pm

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 9:43 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
Hannieroo wrote: I'm not sure I've ever seen so much Kate Spade outside of Ross Dress For Less.
Have you ever seen a Discovery channel special with piranhas feeding on a cow or something of the sort? Imagine a lot more blood, and that's what happens when Singaporeans go to the states and visit an outlet mall.

Now if said outlet mall (or a Ross, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, etc) existed in Singapore, they would *never* be caught dead shopping there, and likely avoid the brands those shops carried...
Ha! I have noticed IMM is remarkably quiet apart from the Coach store which often has queues.

On topic, I noticed a house in my road today that has an open house this weekend. The poster was printed but not with any slogans or agent advertising. Would that be an idea to get people in?

Unless that is you in which case, Hello Neighbour.

User avatar
gonzales
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat, 24 May 2008 1:31 pm
Location: Singapore, Wild West

Post by gonzales » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:59 am

Hannieroo wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
Hannieroo wrote: I'm not sure I've ever seen so much Kate Spade outside of Ross Dress For Less.
Have you ever seen a Discovery channel special with piranhas feeding on a cow or something of the sort? Imagine a lot more blood, and that's what happens when Singaporeans go to the states and visit an outlet mall.

Now if said outlet mall (or a Ross, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, etc) existed in Singapore, they would *never* be caught dead shopping there, and likely avoid the brands those shops carried...
Ha! I have noticed IMM is remarkably quiet apart from the Coach store which often has queues.

On topic, I noticed a house in my road today that has an open house this weekend. The poster was printed but not with any slogans or agent advertising. Would that be an idea to get people in?

Unless that is you in which case, Hello Neighbour.
Nice simple idea Hannie - sometimes with all the digital media we can lose sight of traditional & potentially more effective channels.

Thanks for that. :D

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 9:50 pm

Hannieroo wrote: Ha! I have noticed IMM is remarkably quiet apart from the Coach store which often has queues.

On topic, I noticed a house in my road today that has an open house this weekend. The poster was printed but not with any slogans or agent advertising. Would that be an idea to get people in?

Unless that is you in which case, Hello Neighbour.
I've never heard of IMM before (even from my outlet-mall-fan of a wife!). How strange :o

Looking at the shop directory, I was most amused to see a local brand called 'Spectacle Hut' .... Oh gosh, I wonder what other successful and global brand's coat-tails they're trying to hitch a ride on there... :-k Typically myopic of a SGn to think that they can get away with such blatant piracy :wink:


Edit: to remove repetition.
Last edited by JR8 on Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest