Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore v/s Poland v/s Bangalore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:49 am

Salaries are low not in Poland, they're low in Wroclaw in particular. Village it is!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:02 am

Sergei82 wrote:Salaries are low not in Poland, they're low in Wroclaw in particular. Village it is!

Village!? More like the largest city in western Poland, popln 600k+.

Google on it, and Google/Images... it looks an absolutely beautiful and historic place.

[And can I also give a shout out to Polish beer and girls! :lol: :cool: ]

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:28 am

Wd40 wrote:
x9200 wrote:Factoring in that you will pay 50-70% less for the apartment rental where now it is likely like 25% or more of your salary looks pretty the same to me.

Are the apartments furnished though?

Some of them for sure (frankly I don't know, I just took a look at the rental sites and most I saw were furnished), but this is a detail. The point I'm trying to make is this is really not that straight forward to base it on the taxation rates only. In Poland as compared to SG you will have pretty infinite renting options including buying a brand new car for ~$S10k and living in a nearby village for a fraction of the downtown costs.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:12 pm

JR8 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Salaries are low not in Poland, they're low in Wroclaw in particular. Village it is!

Village!? More like the largest city in western Poland, popln 600k+.

Google on it, and Google/Images... it looks an absolutely beautiful and historic place.

[And can I also give a shout out to Polish beer and girls! :lol: :cool: ]

600K folks after Singapore? Singapore has many more girls. No, thank you!