Singapore Expats

UK/US Couple Relocating & Looking to Make Some Friends

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
SamELans

UK/US Couple Relocating & Looking to Make Some Friends

Post by SamELans » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 8:12 pm

Hi there,

My name is Samantha, I am relocating to Singapore at the end of April with my husband, Tom.

Although we are moving from Switzerland, I am originally from NY, and Tom is from the UK. I'm 28, and Tom is 26. Tom works in Finance, and I am coming from a job in the travel industry, but am currently looking for a job teaching English as a foreign language.

As we have only been to Singapore for a short 3 week visit so far, we are looking to make some new friends.

In our spare time, we love traveling, eating/drinking, culture, socializing. I love a good book, as well as cooking/baking, learning new languages, and shopping. Tom is extremely passionate about photography.

We're looking to meet like-minded people so please get in touch if you would like to meet up for drinks, dinner, or just a chat.

Sam & Tom

HA
Regular
Regular

Re: UK/US Couple Relocating & Looking to Make Some Frien

Post by HA » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 3:55 pm

Welcome to Singapore Sam and Tom. I also came here from London just over three months ago and looking to make more friends. Happy to join you guys for a glass of vino sometime.
SamELans wrote:Hi there,

My name is Samantha, I am relocating to Singapore at the end of April with my husband, Tom.

Although we are moving from Switzerland, I am originally from NY, and Tom is from the UK. I'm 28, and Tom is 26. Tom works in Finance, and I am coming from a job in the travel industry, but am currently looking for a job teaching English as a foreign language.

As we have only been to Singapore for a short 3 week visit so far, we are looking to make some new friends.

In our spare time, we love traveling, eating/drinking, culture, socializing. I love a good book, as well as cooking/baking, learning new languages, and shopping. Tom is extremely passionate about photography.

We're looking to meet like-minded people so please get in touch if you would like to meet up for drinks, dinner, or just a chat.

Sam & Tom

samantha.l

Post by samantha.l » Wed, 10 Apr 2013 6:34 pm

Hi Sam!

I am also Samantha, a local Singaporean girl. I am 23 and I love travelling and eating. I would love to join Tom and you for a meal or drink sometime soon (:

eliz_sky

HI

Post by eliz_sky » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:25 pm

Welcome to Singapore :)

I am Elizabeth from Malaysia and studied in the UK for a year.
I have been working in Singapore more than 3 years.

I want to expand my social circle and know more new friends.
Do feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Have a nice day :)

Cheers,
Elizabeth

ripplevan

Post by ripplevan » Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:57 am

Welcome to Singapore!

I am newbie here too like you!
I hope you find friends that share your passion and interest here.

Cheers
Pete