Singapore Expats

Indian cook

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
Anuja3

Indian cook

Post by Anuja3 » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 4:17 pm

Hi, I'm moving to Singapore this week and looking for an Indian cook (with PR) who can come cook for us 4 -5 times a week. Any suggestions with agencies or direct contacts of cooks would be very helpful. We're staying at Orchard. Thanks :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Indian cook

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 1:47 pm

Anuja3 wrote:Hi, I'm moving to Singapore this week and looking for an Indian cook (with PR) who can come cook for us 4 -5 times a week. Any suggestions with agencies or direct contacts of cooks would be very helpful. We're staying at Orchard. Thanks :)
for the kind of price you may have to pay, you may be better off with a Maid - did you look for transfer maids ?

Anuja3

Post by Anuja3 » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 1:05 am

Hi there, a friend recommended the same.So I guess I'll start by contacting the agencies recommended on this website. Keeping my fingers crossed :) . Thank you for the advice

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Post by gonzales » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 8:35 am

I love Indian but getting a dedicated cook to come round & cook 5 days a week is going to put a big dent in your pocket.

I'd say you'd be better off going out for Indian or getting a live in "Foreign Domestic Worker" to cater to your needs. Read Maid.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 9:03 am

I sorted it out a long time ago. I married one. She stills cooks after 30 years! Cost me a whole lot more than the levies and such, but the fringe bennies were pretty good! :-D

Oh, and unlike todays Indians, she also worked full time and took care of two children in the process. Today's they are next to useless that way. Heck, if they work, they don't even want to have kids, let alone cook. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Post by gonzales » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I sorted it out a long time ago. I married one. She stills cooks after 30 years! Cost me a whole lot more than the levies and such, but the fringe bennies were pretty good! :-D

Oh, and unlike todays Indians, she also worked full time and took care of two children in the process. Today's they are next to useless that way. Heck, if they work, they don't even want to have kids, let alone cook. :roll:
Hat's off for getting your house in order early on.

Good Indian food absolute no.1 food in the world - nothing comes close, well maybe a good portion of Quality Fish & Hand cut chips with plenty of vinegar (definitely not french fries).