Singapore Expats

Recommendations for Air Con servicing company

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Nev2Black

Recommendations for Air Con servicing company

Post by Nev2Black » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 1:45 pm

Hi All,

We have recently moved here and noticed that the rental contracts include the quarterly servicing of aircon units.

Can someone recommend a good company they currently use? I dont want to sign a contract with anyone that will not provide a good reliable service and have the additional extra's on every visit.

Thanks for your help.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 2:00 pm

Do a search of the forum to find out who NOT to use.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic48196.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Nev2Black

Post by Nev2Black » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks for the link.

I found the negative comments before I posted however still thought it would be better having someone speak to the good service they have had. I thought people dealing with a company without issues would be better to start with over going to the classifieds and just calling advertisers. I also noticed these are close to nine month old comments now on the negative thread.

If no recommendations are given then I will just avoid the companies listed in the negative list.

Arsenal_fan

Post by Arsenal_fan » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 2:35 pm

I have been using Tong Lim Aircon for the last 3 years. Had no issues with them. They charge $30 per aircon and just once tried to get me to refill the gas (for $20). Also have never tried to sell me a contract :)

Nev2Black

Post by Nev2Black » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:32 am

Arsenal_fan wrote:I have been using Tong Lim Aircon for the last 3 years. Had no issues with them. They charge $30 per aircon and just once tried to get me to refill the gas (for $20). Also have never tried to sell me a contract :)
Hey thanks a lot I will do a Google search and give them a call.

bayguy

Post by bayguy » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 7:18 pm

Staying away from those contracts is a good decision. I see no point in them.