Singapore Expats

Thank your lucky stars you're not on a MCST Condo Committee

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Thank your lucky stars you're not on a MCST Condo Committee

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 9:52 pm

The true nature of some Sinkies really comes out....

Typical response to any use of 'common' facilities is to try to minimize usage.... by everyone. They're all miserable kunts at heart. And I mean that literally - MISERS who are 'accidental millionaires' from being in the right place at the right time and have ZERO natural generosity. If our committee could get away with draining the pool and cementing it over - they would.

Typical response to any 'breaking of rules' is to 'fine' them or charge them....(even though in their infantile wisdom they've not thought this through - we'll likely end up in court for such stupidity - you cannot levy a fine if it's not in the by-laws).

Condo improvements? Take 6 months of arguing (for a table tennis table) - endless rule suggestions (which will load up the condo manager and increase costs) and idiotic come backs...

Outright bigotry, racism and religious discrimination.... I wanted to hold a Xmas party in the function room - that's a religious event.... but yes - we can have a bloody dragon dance go on for a half a day in the common yard area....

Maids washing in toilets? OH MY GOD - have the owner sack them!

No wonder so many people give up and just do an en bloc sale.
Now I'm called PNGMK

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 3:03 am

The only people who seem to make it onto RC's in the UK, are the inexperienced and retired (time-rich), 'little Hitlers', those with some particularly serious bug up their ****, and/or general hatred of all of the other residents.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 8:13 am

The people who actively want to be on a committee are generally the people who shouldn't be. I don't think that's a cultural thing although obviously things like Christmas would be. Sadly, every country has it's ar**holes.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 8:58 am

Hence the reason why the most Indians flock to Melville Park. There the condo management is also mostly Indian. Even few of the guards outside are Indian.

Recently, they celebrated Holi, the Indian festival of colors,but on the ground outside of melville park, it was like it was in India :)

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 10:08 am

well condo management and some condo tenants/owners are equally childish. recently they sent a letter informing everyone to not cause the cats to move..or something as they have been dirtying the common areas. The pet owners let their cats stay outside the units and are free to roam. I guess someone has been complaining bout the cats "moving" because me and my sister usually give them treats when we take the dog for a walk.

so they told us to avoid "moving" the cats or else they would call AVA and take all the cats away. :roll: its so petty

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:50 pm

For all my years here I have known only one reasonable person from the condo management that it was possible to talk to using logical and common-sense arguments. Sadly but not surprisingly she was recently replaced by the most popular, hard-head-wired robot. Still not that bad as from time to time you can also encounter some arrogant halfwits acting like they would own the whole place with the occupants included.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 1:54 pm

x9200 wrote:For all my years here I have known only one reasonable person from the condo management that it was possible to talk to using logical and common-sense arguments. Sadly but not surprisingly she was recently replaced by the most popular, hard-head-wired robot. Still not that bad as from time to time you can also encounter some arrogant halfwits acting like they would own the whole place with the occupants included.
We have a good chairman and very good ex chairman on the committee thank God. They both asked me to run for a seat and now I know why (they needed some commonsense to help counter the Indian "fine everyone" bitch and a mad Chinese woman who wants to double check every single cent spent on the accounts in every meeting - even is it takes 5 hours).
Now I'm called PNGMK

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 8:47 pm

I think we should start a new thread called "what is the stupidest condo rule you've seen in Singapore".

Mine:

1. No shoes within 100cm of the pool (as opposed to 90, or 150, or 77 ...)

2. No eating or drinking by the pool (in spite of the fact there are picnic tables there)

3. No plastic inflatable toys in the pool (WTF!)

4. Sign in the gym, in the empty shelves, where there is an ugly decorative trophy: "This area is under surveillance. Please do not move things from their original position." (I couldn't help myself I deliberate turned the trophy sideways).

:roll:

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:26 pm

This below - is the nastiness you encounter on the committee. These people are despicable, stingy, nasty, shit headed SINGAPOREANS who deserve to be cast into hell. To set the scene: Alfred is 80 and basically staggers around, our condo has a painfully narrow and steep stair case for the main entrance (it was built just before the wheelchair access rules came in) and what most people prefer is to be buzz the car gate open and ride their bikes/walk their stroller/roll their wheel chair through. There really is no reason to restrict the issuance of gate transponders - just the petty tyrant nature of SINGAPOREANS coming out. They learnt it from the best I guess - old you know who.

QUOTE:
Dear All,

Can we please rethink the decision to give out extra transponders on medical grounds.

I may be wrong, but I thought about Alfred, he seems fine enough to walk to the bus stop every evening. Then why can't he take his cycle down the 2-3 steps of the pedestrian gate? Is it for him or to pass it to his daughter to come in after her flights? I have hardly seem him on a cycle.

I think we should be a little more cautious about handing out the transponders in future. One criteria should be that the person is either wheelchair bound or needs assistance while walking.
Now I'm called PNGMK

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 9:17 am

And these people think they should be hired for all the top jobs in SP....

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 9:23 am

movingtospore wrote:I think we should start a new thread called "what is the stupidest condo rule you've seen in Singapore".

Mine:

2. No eating or drinking by the pool (in spite of the fact there are picnic tables there)

4. Sign in the gym, in the empty shelves, where there is an ugly decorative trophy: "This area is under surveillance. Please do not move things from their original position." (I couldn't help myself I deliberate turned the trophy sideways).

Access cards have expiry dates tied to EP instead of lease. So, if you signed a new lease with a condo owner and your pass expires 4 months into the lease, you have to apply for a new one, even though your lease isn't up, not until 20 months more.

And you have to pay for the access card "renewal."
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 9:28 am

movingtospore wrote:I think we should start a new thread called "what is the stupidest condo rule you've seen in Singapore".

Mine:

Really they just need a rule that says "No throwing food in the pool you stupid Sinkies" - at Calarasi the pool ALWAYS had food in it.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:34 am

Poor Alfred. Surely everyone who lives there is entitled to one apiece?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:07 am

Hannieroo wrote:Poor Alfred. Surely everyone who lives there is entitled to one apiece?
Ah that goes into a whole discussion about car park spaces... unlike Australia a strata unit is NOT entitled to a car park space - the car parks are a common area and under the control of the management committee. This carries onto the car park gate access system as you can imagine.

I've been looking up the rules for disabled access and Singapore is woefully behind... basically you can ignore the rules...

Quote:

Under the current provision of the Building Control
Act and
Regulations, the BFA requirements will apply whenev
er building works are
carried out. However, after a new building is compl
eted and the Certificate
of Statutory Completion is issued, if the building
owner or management
misused these facilities or cause these facilities
to be un-useable, e.g.
blocking pathway for wheelchair access, etc., BCA i
s currently unable to
take action against the party or parties concerned.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:40 am

So they build a parking lot per unit and people with more than one take extra on a first come first served basis? Or less than one?

If you don't have a car but you are getting a delivery or have work men or are in a taxi with a big shop. What do you do then?

That stinks.