Singapore Expats Forum

Long term visit Pass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

elloello
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 06 Apr 2013

Long term visit Pass

Postby elloello » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 6:09 am

Hi

I want to relocate to Singapore for 2 years. Can I apply for long term visit pass when I am not in Singapore?

Or should I apply it when I am on my 3 month tourist visa?

And, Is 3 month tourist visa the same as a short term visit pass?

Thanks for all the help

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 5:57 pm

More info is needed in order to give any reply.

As a starter:

- Reason for wishing to stay in Singapore


p.s. Yes, the tourist visa is an SVP.

elloello
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 06 Apr 2013

Long term visit pass

Postby elloello » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 11:08 am

JR8 wrote:More info is needed in order to give any reply.

As a starter:

- Reason for wishing to stay in Singapore


p.s. Yes, the tourist visa is an SVP.


JR8

thanks for responding.

My wife is Singaporean so we wish to relocate to singapore.
She suggested long term visit pass but I was puzzled when she told me that I could only apply it when I am on a 3 month visit pass in Singapore.
Is that true? Or can I apply it before arriving to Singapore?

Thanks for all the help

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Re: Long term visit pass

Postby offshoreoildude » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 11:10 am

elloello wrote:
JR8 wrote:More info is needed in order to give any reply.

As a starter:

- Reason for wishing to stay in Singapore


p.s. Yes, the tourist visa is an SVP.


JR8

thanks for responding.

My wife is Singaporean so we wish to relocate to singapore.
She suggested long term visit pass but I was puzzled when she told me that I could only apply it when I am on a 3 month visit pass in Singapore.
Is that true? Or can I apply it before arriving to Singapore?

Thanks for all the help


You can apply online.... but need to be here to collect it.
Now I'm called PNGMK

lolipop99
Regular
Regular
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun, 01 Jul 2012

Postby lolipop99 » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 11:10 am

You have to be physically in Singapore to apply for a LTSVP (more than 6 months) because one of the requirement is the D/E card number which you can only get when you land in Singapore. There is no way you can apply for a LTSVP from oversea.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 7:48 pm

Yep, you need your D/E card that you get on arrival.

Coincidentally I was researching precisely this question this week, as I'll be going through the process shortly too.

DAK where I can find a copy of the LTVP application form? From what I can see I can only look at one if I go to the ICA site and start making a 'live' (via Singpass logon) application. Even then I can only view the actual page I'm on, and not further ones I'll get to later!

I'd like to see a copy of the whole form, simply because I want to make sure I have all required info at hand, before I start the application process (this is simply how my mind works, I like to be fully 110% prepared before I start anything important!). Plus as our household goods are going via sea-feight, I want to ensure I have any/all required documents on my person when we land.

It seems a little odd that ICA won't even let you look at a sample of the LTVP application form... :???:

maidsrch
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue, 28 Feb 2012

Postby maidsrch » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:41 am

JR8 wrote:Yep, you need your D/E card that you get on arrival.

Coincidentally I was researching precisely this question this week, as I'll be going through the process shortly too.

DAK where I can find a copy of the LTVP application form? From what I can see I can only look at one if I go to the ICA site and start making a 'live' (via Singpass logon) application. Even then I can only view the actual page I'm on, and not further ones I'll get to later!

I'd like to see a copy of the whole form, simply because I want to make sure I have all required info at hand, before I start the application process (this is simply how my mind works, I like to be fully 110% prepared before I start anything important!). Plus as our household goods are going via sea-feight, I want to ensure I have any/all required documents on my person when we land.

It seems a little odd that ICA won't even let you look at a sample of the LTVP application form... :???:



JR8, assuming you are looking to apply for LTVP with your spouse as the local sponsor, you can find the required forms here under the 'Documents Required' section [Form 14, 39I, V234]

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175&secid=171

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:58 am

lolipop99 wrote:You have to be physically in Singapore to apply for a LTSVP (more than 6 months) because one of the requirement is the D/E card number which you can only get when you land in Singapore. There is no way you can apply for a LTSVP from oversea.


I've had this come up with my wife... for some reason she didn't have a D/E card no...(I think she was going from an employment pass to a LTVP) and I left it blank and it wasn't an issue. They made her fill one out when she came in for the interview / collection.

However - LTVP is really an extension of a SVP - so in law you should be in Singapore.
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 6:02 pm

maidsrch wrote:JR8, assuming you are looking to apply for LTVP with your spouse as the local sponsor, you can find the required forms here under the 'Documents Required' section [Form 14, 39I, V234]

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175&secid=171


A-ha! Thank you very much for... a case of not seeing the wood for the trees I think :?

p.s. Quite how I'm meant to sign forms that I am obliged to complete online is a follow-on question. But I expect I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, the important question of which hard-copy supporting docs to take with me is resolved!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 1:51 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:I've had this come up with my wife... for some reason she didn't have a D/E card no...(I think she was going from an employment pass to a LTVP) and I left it blank and it wasn't an issue. They made her fill one out when she came in for the interview / collection.


well, when you apply online, No DE Card, no go ..

Unless you do the paper process ..

When done online, you don't submit documents, until asked for, vs direct submission where all documents must be ready .. including the copy of the passport and all to be verified as well


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests