Singapore Expats Forum

BRIX @ basement Hyatt/Scotts

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

BRIX @ basement Hyatt/Scotts

Postby JR8 » Sat, 30 Mar 2013 1:56 am

I just heard this place is open, or perhaps 'still open'. It was a place we sometimes went in the mid-90s.

I was sure when I last walked past that way a few years ago, there was no bar/club operating from the basement.

Or maybe they closed off the exterior stairwell entrance at the front of the hotel? Anyone know?

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Re: BRIX @ basement Hyatt/Scotts

Postby offshoreoildude » Sat, 30 Mar 2013 8:37 am

JR8 wrote:I just heard this place is open, or perhaps 'still open'. It was a place we sometimes went in the mid-90s.

I was sure when I last walked past that way a few years ago, there was no bar/club operating from the basement.

Or maybe they closed off the exterior stairwell entrance at the front of the hotel? Anyone know?

Brix has been running continously since the Irish place before it closed AFAIK. No person of decent repute goes in there though - it's just a high priced hooker tourist trap.
Now I'm called PNGMK

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Mar 2013 9:41 am

Isn't that the old Brannigan's? I went in there one time way, way back and never stepped foot in there again. Back then it was just full of pretentious people trying their hardest to look cool and failing miserably.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Sat, 30 Mar 2013 11:48 am

It's definitely still open, exterior stair case outside the Hyatt entrance. It is pricey and just like an OT bar, except the bouncers filter the really fugly girls out on crowded nights.

Just like every Grand/Park Hyatt Bar in any major city.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Sat, 30 Mar 2013 4:15 pm

You're right ... Brannigans.

That used to be my staggering-distance 'local'. You shouldn't entirely knock-it. One time I met a bunch of US-WWF fighters there (before I really knew what WWF even was); interesting bunch. And lots of US Navy, in the aftermath of the Gulf War. There were usually uniformed Navy MP's standing bolt-upright behind various pillars! So, it was different I grant you, but interesting.

+

It was 'ready to go' SPG-central. If I didn't pull every single time I went it was an off-day...

p.s. I think what's confusing me is the name. Wasn't one of the Ol' timers, SMS or Eagle talking about a bar called Brix somewhere out in the east or north? (this was last year)