Singapore Expats Forum

"Exotic" Food and Whatnot

Share your favourite eating haunts!
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9270
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 9:31 am

morenangpinay wrote:should check out their pork sisig. :)


if it comes on a Hot Plate, me will scoot over there .. ;) ;) missing Sisig on a hotplate ..

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:57 am

morenangpinay wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Is it because the queue is too long? :D

I did go to Gerrys Grill last night though and it was very good.


Better than their website then! I had a look at it and it is one of those 'so fancy, you can hardly get it to work at all' lay-outs.

[At least that was my experience using Opera as my browser].


should check out their pork sisig. :)


Funnily enough we did have the Pork Sisig :)

We were with a couple of Filipino's so they did the ordering :D
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 3:16 pm

Barnsley wrote:
morenangpinay wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Is it because the queue is too long? :D

I did go to Gerrys Grill last night though and it was very good.


Better than their website then! I had a look at it and it is one of those 'so fancy, you can hardly get it to work at all' lay-outs.

[At least that was my experience using Opera as my browser].


should check out their pork sisig. :)


Funnily enough we did have the Pork Sisig :)

We were with a couple of Filipino's so they did the ordering :D


Do you know what's supposed to be in sisig? :wink:

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Postby Barnsley » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 3:42 pm

nakatago wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
morenangpinay wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Is it because the queue is too long? :D

I did go to Gerrys Grill last night though and it was very good.


Better than their website then! I had a look at it and it is one of those 'so fancy, you can hardly get it to work at all' lay-outs.

[At least that was my experience using Opera as my browser].


should check out their pork sisig. :)


Funnily enough we did have the Pork Sisig :)

We were with a couple of Filipino's so they did the ordering :D


Do you know what's supposed to be in sisig? :wink:


Havent a clue ....... but hopefully the one we had was pork!! :o
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9270
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 3:48 pm

Barnsley wrote:Havent a clue ....... but hopefully the one we had was pork!! :o


precisely, which part of the pig you know it was ?? :D

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 3:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 4:01 pm

For people who really want to know without googling, you may PM me.

I won't post it here so as not to spoil to surprise. :cool:

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 890
Joined: Mon, 02 Mar 2009

Postby morenangpinay » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 4:45 pm

^^lol its not that exotic don't worry it won't kill you.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 5:03 pm

nakatago wrote:For people who really want to know without googling, you may PM me.

I won't post it here so as not to spoil to surprise. :cool:


I was disappointed and underwhelmed when I looked to see what it actually was.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 5:46 pm

A bit underwhelming compared to the dish of goat testicles I once had in VN.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 6:01 pm

JR8 wrote:A bit underwhelming compared to the dish of goat testicles I once had in VN.


Have you heard of "Soup Number 5"?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9164
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 6:47 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
nakatago wrote:For people who really want to know without googling, you may PM me.

I won't post it here so as not to spoil to surprise. :cool:


I was disappointed and underwhelmed when I looked to see what it actually was.

Me too, especially knowing what goes to the hot-dogs or similar franks.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 6:56 pm

nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:A bit underwhelming compared to the dish of goat testicles I once had in VN.


Have you heard of "Soup Number 5"?


OMG... I have now! :lol:

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 9:48 pm

thank God for being vegetarian :-|
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:12 am

JR8 wrote:
nakatago wrote:
JR8 wrote:A bit underwhelming compared to the dish of goat testicles I once had in VN.


Have you heard of "Soup Number 5"?


OMG... I have now! :lol:


Image


I have had Bun Bo Hue (spicy Vietnamese 'soup') with Ox Penis in it. This was actually in San Jose California too. The place only served two items: Bun Bo Hue with or without the ox penis. We of course ordered without, but were served the wrong items. Or, our suspicion is someone in back just picks it out if you don't want it. It looked like big chunks of cartilage in suspicious shapes. It probably tasted just like half of the other random 'meat' items already in the soup. I still passed.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Wine & Dine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest