Singapore Expats Forum

How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34799
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 5:17 pm

You have mail.

I've been operating in emergency conditions for the past 24 hours trying to recover data from a 2TB ext HDD with a screwed MBR using PartedMagic running from a CD.

mapleleaf
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2012

Postby mapleleaf » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 5:55 pm

Thank you so much SMS for responding to me in spite of your busy schedule. I hope your data recovery works out smoothly.

mapleleaf
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2012

Postby mapleleaf » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 10:29 am

Hi SMS,
I thought of posting the image here in the hope of the remote possibility that someone has seen something like this. I have taken out the name, please check http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6666/regionfs.png This is what has been given to my friend by the agent.

habeebhashim
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Location: Netherworld

Postby habeebhashim » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:42 am

-HH-
Last edited by habeebhashim on Tue, 05 Jan 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34799
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:53 am

The format is correct and if you will look closely at the heading at the top of the page, the 3rd line says FIN:

There are three lines, the first says:
"In-Principle Approval for Work Permit Employer's Copy"

The second line is the IPA No. which is a 15 digit number.
The third line is the FIN: which is either the letter 'F' or 'G' followed by a 7 digit number followed by another letter.

The format is correct but as the FIN: has been deleted, the agent is still playing your friend for a fool unless you know for sure that the name on the document was your friend's name.

As to the above poster's remark, the In-Principle Approval for a Work Permit has no Barcode on the Employer's Copy.

edited to add:

At the bottom of the Employer's Copy, there are several more lines of text, to whit:

! Send the Worker's Copy of the In-Principle Approval letter to your worker. Otherwise, you may be liable for a penalty of up to $10,000 and/or any other administrative action.

! Comply with the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act, and the Conditions and Regulatory Conditions of Work Permit, available at www.mom.gov.sg. Otherwise, the Work Permit may be revoked and you may face criminal or administrative penalties (including debarment).

! The actual monthly levy rate varies from month to month, depending on the employer's workforce profile.

mapleleaf
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2012

Postby mapleleaf » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 11:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The format is correct and if you will look closely at the heading at the top of the page, the 3rd line says FIN:

There are three lines, the first says:
"In-Principle Approval for Work Permit Employer's Copy"

The second line is the IPA No. which is a 15 digit number.
The third line is the FIN: which is either the letter 'F' or 'G' followed by a 7 digit number followed by another letter.

The format is correct but as the FIN: has been deleted, the agent is still playing your friend for a fool unless you know for sure that the name on the document was your friend's name.

As to the above poster's remark, the In-Principle Approval for a Work Permit has no Barcode on the Employer's Copy.

edited to add:

At the bottom of the Employer's Copy, there are several more lines of text, to whit:

! Send the Worker's Copy of the In-Principle Approval letter to your worker. Otherwise, you may be liable for a penalty of up to $10,000 and/or any other administrative action.

! Comply with the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act, and the Conditions and Regulatory Conditions of Work Permit, available at www.mom.gov.sg. Otherwise, the Work Permit may be revoked and you may face criminal or administrative penalties (including debarment).

! The actual monthly levy rate varies from month to month, depending on the employer's workforce profile.


Thank you so much SMS. I have been having internet issues, so couldnt post. I have passed on the info to my friend, but he has decided to risk the rest and see what happens. I have told him I wouldnt do it if I were him, but he is going ahead anyway :( He will be sending the payment tomorrow. I will post back on the results perhaps in a week.

mapleleaf
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 11 Dec 2012

Postby mapleleaf » Thu, 16 May 2013 10:26 pm

Hi, just wanted to update. My friend paid in spite of all the advise and never got the visa. No refund yet too of course, but the recruiter keeps sending email that he will refund, but I dont believe that is going to happen any time soon. Thank you so much everyone, a special thanks to SMS and everyone who helped with this.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10844
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 17 May 2013 12:26 am

mapleleaf wrote:Hi, just wanted to update. My friend paid in spite of all the advise and never got the visa. No refund yet too of course, but the recruiter keeps sending email that he will refund, but I dont believe that is going to happen any time soon. Thank you so much everyone, a special thanks to SMS and everyone who helped with this.


Sorry to hear that your friend was cheated. Things didn't look right... I hope it wasn't a lot of money.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34799
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 May 2013 6:57 am

Mapleleaf, that really sucks, but all the signs were there. It's sad that your friend will not see his money, but there are all kinds of unscrupulous people out there just waiting to pounce on anybody who has a dream. We have no agenda here, other than trying to pay forward our accumulated knowledge gained through ours & others who have come before or after us. Remember one thing. Generally speaking, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Dabir
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 05 Nov 2016

Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Postby Dabir » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 2:23 am

How can i check IPA letter without fin no??

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 8:32 am

Dabir wrote:How can i check IPA letter without fin no??

No reference no ?

Dabir
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 05 Nov 2016

Re: RE: Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Postby Dabir » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 8:46 am

ecureilx wrote:
Dabir wrote:How can i check IPA letter without fin no??

No reference no ?

I have refrence no and IPA no only

Dabir
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 05 Nov 2016

Re: RE: Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Postby Dabir » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 8:47 am

ecureilx wrote:
Dabir wrote:How can i check IPA letter without fin no??

No reference no ?

I have refrence no and IPA no only.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 9:23 am

Dabir wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Dabir wrote:How can i check IPA letter without fin no??

No reference no ?

I have refrence no and IPA no only.


Given by agent ?

Dabir
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 05 Nov 2016

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Postby Dabir » Sat, 05 Nov 2016 9:29 am

ecureilx wrote:
Dabir wrote:
ecureilx wrote:No reference no ?

I have refrence no and IPA no only.


Given by agent ?

He sent me the IPA letter, but he remove fin no from the IPA letter, he is asking me for half payment....after that he will send me the IPA letter with fin no


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests