Singapore Expats

How Can I Verify the Validity of an IPA Letter?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 8:13 pm

Send me your name as it appears in your passport and your passport number using the PM function and let me see if I can find something for you. I already have your IPA No: 075347387311125 - B. please confirm that it is correct.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mapleleaf

Post by mapleleaf » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 8:36 pm

Thank you so much. I have sent you a PM.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 8:52 pm

I received your PM.

Do you have the IPA letter or only a note from the agent? If you have the IPA letter, can you scan it and sent it to me?

You are right, without the FIN No. I cannot check either.

However, the IPA letter, if it is the same as I have described, should have the FIN No. just below the IPA No. Neither number are the same as the WP number. The FIN number would already have been assigned, so have him call the agent and tell him he will not remit any more money until he receives the FIN No. so that he can confirm the IPA himself. Otherwise, the gamble is entirely up to him. The IPA number did have the correct number of digits BUT I wonder about the -B suffix as I've not seen that suffix before. The whole thing smells fishy to me as the FIN No IS on the IPA Letter. Has to be or it would be an IPA.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mapleleaf

Post by mapleleaf » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:11 am

Hi, thank you so much for checking that. I will ask him to ask for the FIN number. The agent has not given him the IPA letter yet, he says that the letter will reach the employer in 5 days, in the mean time to make the final payment. Will the FIN number be known to the agent if the employer is yet to receive the IPA letter? Thanks again so much for the help.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:27 am

mapleleaf wrote:Hi, thank you so much for checking that. I will ask him to ask for the FIN number. The agent has not given him the IPA letter yet, he says that the letter will reach the employer in 5 days, in the mean time to make the final payment. Will the FIN number be known to the agent if the employer is yet to receive the IPA letter? Thanks again so much for the help.
If he's got the IPA number, he should have the FIN number. On the same page.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:39 am

As I noted above, if he has the IPA letter (must have or he wouldn't know the IPA No.) then he already has the FIN number as it is directly below the IPA No. Unfortunately, the IPA No. does not have any online method of checking for the FIN. But the FIN WILL be on the IPA letter. Don't let the agent tell you otherwise. That is BS and I smell a scam. (Or the agent as been ripped off before by job applicants once they received the IPA letter). :-k

Old saying, "Once burned, twice shy" comes to mind.

mapleleaf

Post by mapleleaf » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks SE and SMS, He asked the agent for the FIN or IPA copy, agent has told him that it is not normal to ask for it, but that he will check with the employer and let him know. So he is waiting to hear back. Thanks again.

mapleleaf

Post by mapleleaf » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 5:01 pm

I was searching online for info and came across an old IPA from 2010 posted online :o http://www.scribd.com/doc/36958577/IPA I could not find any FIN on it. Is the format of letter different now?

** please ignore, sorry, I forgot that SE's posting has the IPA letter format, I guess that is the current one.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 5:32 pm

Actually neither are correct. Unless the IPA letter is for a) PEP (SE's example) or b) if he is getting WP (The example noted is the old style). My description is for the new WP IPA. And the FIN WILL BE ON IT where I indicated it should be.

mapleleaf

Post by mapleleaf » Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually neither are correct. Unless the IPA letter is for a) PEP (SE's example) or b) if he is getting WP (The example noted is the old style). My description is for the new WP IPA. And the FIN WILL BE ON IT where I indicated it should be.
Hi SMS,
The agent hasnt responded yet. In the mean time, am wondering if it is the FIN of employee that is required or that of the employer. When I tried to check in with passport no. instead of the FIN no., the next page has asked for the employer's FIN no. or the submission date etc. Image

or, will you be using your own methods to check if the agent gives the FIN. Just wanted to be clear on this before putting additional pressure on the agent. Thanks for your help.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 30 Mar 2013 6:12 pm

Just a thought in passing...

You cannot be expected to pay for something where you have no evidence of it's very existence.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 31 Mar 2013 12:00 pm

mapleleaf wrote:....

or, will you be using your own methods to check if the agent gives the FIN. Just wanted to be clear on this before putting additional pressure on the agent. Thanks for your help.
Employers with Singpass have 'their own methods' :)

SMS and SE should be logging in via Employers Singpass I guess

PS: the Scribd post is for a DH/FDW IPA !!! Not sure if the normal EP/WP IPA is also identical now

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 31 Mar 2013 1:50 pm

ecureilx wrote: PS: the Scribd post is for a DH/FDW IPA !!! Not sure if the normal EP/WP IPA is also identical now
True. Employers do not have FIN/NRIC numbers. And it's not possible to check unless I have the FIN number or I know the actual date of the application.

mapleleaf

Post by mapleleaf » Wed, 03 Apr 2013 4:16 pm

Hi SMS, the agent has told today that in this type of WP IPA (my friend is an electrician) there will be no FIN on the IPA, only for higher level WPs, there will be FIN on the IPA, is there any truth to this?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 03 Apr 2013 4:21 pm

mapleleaf wrote:Hi SMS, the agent has told today that in this type of WP IPA (my friend is an electrician) there will be no FIN on the IPA, only for higher level WPs, there will be FIN on the IPA, is there any truth to this?
FALSE!

All would-be foreign workers will be issued with FIN, regardless of type of work visa. I have personally seen FIN on a WP, a SPass and an EP.

Confirmed a scam to target the poor and the ignorant.