Singapore Expats

International indian schools in Singapore

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
pashsg

International indian schools in Singapore

Post by pashsg » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 2:13 pm

hi all

we moved in singapore from USA about two years ago. Like all parents, getting admission for son in primary 1 was first priority for us. Due to lack of time and little information, we naively chose international Indian school. We are now regretting our choice for various reasons.
1. The exorbitant increase in annual fees for primary 1-2
schools have slammed on us unreasonable fee increases on already high fees from year to year.

2. Degrading quality of infrastructure and school facilities

3. Arrogant and un-considerate treatment from some staff.

Now we feel that we are stuck with this option.

This is my sincere request to all those who move here to learn from our mistakes. In my opinion, local schools offer high quality education at lower price. Where as my son's current school offers, low quality education at high price.

Here is something u can do,
1. If u do not have much choice, enroll ur kids in international indian school for time being as and when u land

2. After few months, check for admissions process for local school and move your kids to local schools

Even if u have to go back to ur home country and ur kids are in local school, they will be much ahead in terms of their learning.

U can check for admission options to local schools at following link

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... -students/

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks for the heads up - I live close to one of those and often wondered how bad they are, (note, not how good they are but how bad they are!).

1. Instead of enrolling at all in GIS why not just home school?
2. LKY basically slammed the door on the GIS expanding in Singapore a year or so ago when he said "There are too many int'l indian schools in Singapore".
Now I'm called PNGMK

apple077

Post by apple077 » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 6:02 pm

Indian schools in singapore are not great, we have very bad expereince as we just moved from India. The standard of indian schools are bad here

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 04 Jul 2013 6:19 pm

apple077 wrote:Indian schools in singapore are not great, we have very bad expereince as we just moved from India. The standard of indian schools are bad here
They're aren't really Indian schools to me; just the usual for profit international crap.