Singapore Expats

will my wife's REP not be renewed?pls help n advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
boony

will my wife's REP not be renewed?pls help n advice

Post by boony » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:14 am

hi all.i need help and advices.im a singaporean,born and breed in sg.and my wife is from china.
after getting married with my wife last year,i applied SINGAPORE PR for her and the application was successful after waiting for 6 months.my wife got her PR and was given 5 years REP.
we applied our bto and the flat will t.o.p in 2016.sianzzz.
i was retrench 4 months ago,and until now,finally found a job,but the company wants me to be based in their china(chengdu) office.
but recently a good friend of mine told me that if my wife leaves singapore to accompany me in china for the next few years, 4 years later when her REP is due for renewal,it will not be renewed.thus she will lose her PR status
is it true that my wife's REP will not get renewed?then if she lose her PR status,i will have to return my b.t.o flat to hdb?
is there really a rule that states that PRs will have to stay x number of days a year in sg so that their REP will be renewed?
do i really have to give up this job so that my wife's REP will be renewed and my flat will not be forced to be returned to hdb?
pls advice.really so stress now.getting a job after 4 months of non stop interviews,i may have to give up again.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 6:28 pm

There really is a rule for PRs through the PTS scheme (i.e. eligible by working in Singapore): They must have stayed (and worked) at least 3 of the 5 REP years in Singapore to be renewed.
Your wife got PR through the family ties scheme, so this rule does not apply. However, it is entirely up to ICA to renew a REP or not. There is never any guarantee - and if ICA has the impression you don't plan on staying, living, working and contributing to the Singapore economy for the long run, they will not give or renew a REP.

boony

Post by boony » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 9:12 pm

beppi wrote:There really is a rule for PRs through the PTS scheme (i.e. eligible by working in Singapore): They must have stayed (and worked) at least 3 of the 5 REP years in Singapore to be renewed.
Your wife got PR through the family ties scheme, so this rule does not apply. However, it is entirely up to ICA to renew a REP or not. There is never any guarantee - and if ICA has the impression you don't plan on staying, living, working and contributing to the Singapore economy for the long run, they will not give or renew a REP.
thankyou for replying beppi. i intend to come back for sure,im only based in china,but its a singapore company,so i still contribute to cpf every month and i'll definatly pay taxes in sg..i'll fly back every month for 2-3 days too. before you replied,i was afraid to accept the job as im afraid that my wife who is a PR through family ties scheme will not have her REP renewed as she have to leave sg for a few years with me.coz i was told that PRs have to stay in sg x number of days in sg in order to have their REP renewed.over the next 2-3 years my wife will only be in sg less then 20 days a year,not because she dont want to be in sg,but only because she has to be with me in china.coz im based there.
thank you so much for replying.now i dare to accept the job offer now.and not worry that my wife PR will be revok,bto will not be returned to hdb too,if my wife's keeps her PR status.
love this forum man.thanx for help n advices.