Singapore Expats Forum

PR application for a separated guy

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dippies

PR application for a separated guy

Postby dippies » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 4:07 pm

Hi,

I am staying in Singapore since the last 4 years. I came to Singapore on EP and then after 2 years, I applied for PEP which got approved.

As per MOM, my marital status is Married but actually I am separated. My wife never visited Singapore. I will shortly be updating MOM records with "Separated" Status. I am 40 years old. No children.

My salary is in the range of SGD 90,000 per annum. What is the chance for PR approval without wife?

Thanks
Dippies

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 4:31 pm

You're Indian, right? Moreover, what happened to your PEP application?

dippies

Postby dippies » Thu, 21 Mar 2013 4:37 pm

Yes Indian from North - not the preferred race I believe.

My PEP is valid but given the new clause of SGD120K per annum does not go well. I am only in the range of SGD90K per annum - so i will have to surrender my PEP by 2013 end and then apply for fresh EP.

Anyway I am thinking of long term here. Being separated and my divorce case going on in India, I see me getting the divorce sooner than later and planning to get married and stay in Singapore long term.

So thought of applying for the PR. So you think because of the race and my marital status, the chance is limited?