Singapore Expats

What to do for transfering import goods to indonesia?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
yanagi

What to do for transfering import goods to indonesia?

Post by yanagi » Thu, 14 Mar 2013 5:07 pm

Got a friend's company (Japanese Company) exports some golf stuff to his Indonesia buyer. But the Indonesia buyer wants to ship the goods to Singapore first (because of any tax agreement difference between SG/JP and SG/IDï¼Å¸ï¼Å¸ï¼Å¸).

My JP friend wants to use my SG company to transfer these stuff. Since I have never done this kind of business before, what should I do and how to proceed?

Please kindly advise all detailed procedures, and all costs would be involved. Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Mar 2013 5:19 pm

I would suggest you contact a lawyer rather that asking us to do ALL your work for you. Additionally, you see to be rather demanding, but I put that down to English not being your first language (hopefully).
kindly advise all detailed procedures, and all costs would be involved.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:36 am

$1!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 16 Mar 2013 1:21 am

You are getting into a very complicated mess. Where in Indonesia will the goods be shipped? You really need a local contact there, because there are the official laws, and then there is the reality of dealing with the local officials.

Singapore wouldn't be much of an issue... you'd take advantage of a duty free zone in Singapore since the goods would not actually be entering Singapore.

You really need a lawyer or good connection at your port of entry in Indonesia. How much? This could take a long time to get done in spite of Indonesia's improving record.

beedao
Regular
Regular

forwarding company

Post by beedao » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 5:03 pm

I think a forwarding company is able to help you to do all these stuff with some fees involved, shouldn’t be expensive, just give them a call.
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

livingontheedge
Chatter
Chatter

Post by livingontheedge » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 3:13 pm

There isn't much of a complexity to do this - you need to engage a freight forwarder for this. Clearance of goods through customs in Indonesia isn't as complicated and burdensome - the procedures are similar to Singapore - provided you have all the right documents in place for the goods you speak off. You would need a clearing agent in Indonesia or the Singapore freight forwarders would have their own local contacts to clear and deliver.

The only complication I have experienced is when the customs in Singapore or Indonesia required the original BL documents, which caused delays in the clearance. So remember for instructions of Telex Release.

However, wouldn't this increase your freight and handling costs, having to dock, unload and reload, even though it won't be released into Singapore.

Freight costs in Singapore is expensive.