Singapore Expats Forum

HELP! Can a kind soul donate a PC to me?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Jeffy

HELP! Can a kind soul donate a PC to me?

Postby Jeffy » Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:22 am

I'm a student. Both my parents are not working. Due to financial problems at home, I am unable to afford even a second-hand PC. Can any kind soul donate a PC to me? Any help is much appreciated...I hope someone can help me out, my email is jamesoh@singapore.net

Many thanks

PC

maybe you should go to work ......

Postby PC » Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:57 am

if you dont have money then go to work and earn money to buy a PC..... ha? what do u think?

can u donate me a chicken-rise for lunch?

Jeffy

Postby Jeffy » Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:35 pm

Please do not be angry. I just hope someone can help me out. I would love to buy you chicken rice, but I myself don't usually have lunch, just some plain water and some bread which i bring from home...pls don't be angry with me...

very curious

Postby very curious » Wed, 22 Dec 2004 4:42 pm

So, Jeffy, how are you online to view and post on this website?

bobdoom
Regular
Regular

Postby bobdoom » Wed, 22 Dec 2004 6:24 pm

this guy is definitely a cheater... hey boy before i report to the police what you are trying to do... you better stop it ... cause your ip is logged...
yes ...lotsa school work depends on computer... BUT i believe every freaking school in singapore has a computer lab... so you can work there...
im a student before... and im poor before....(still am now)... if you don't have a pc... go to ur school lab or ur friend's house... stop giving bullshit here...k... before i freaking call the police and you can say bye bye to your future.....

poor

Re: HELP! Can a kind soul donate a PC to me?

Postby poor » Wed, 22 Dec 2004 6:28 pm

Jeffy wrote:I'm a student. Both my parents are not working. Due to financial problems at home, I am unable to afford even a second-hand PC. Can any kind soul donate a PC to me? Any help is much appreciated...I hope someone can help me out, my email is jamesoh@singapore.net

Many thanks

Please seek help from the government departments, as I believe they have a scheme for LOW INCOME FAMILIES who require assistance on getting computers. They would be the best persons to approach, not here...

But from where I see your time coming in here and being able to post messages here, don't make you sound like what you are to be..POOR?

OR perhaps you should just stick to where you were using the computer as you posted this message. cos the person who let you use the PC is a a nice kind soul. :roll:

thundersun

Postby thundersun » Wed, 22 Dec 2004 6:53 pm

Hi,
It is my understanding that CDAC gives out free computer. If you are a singaporean you should be able to apply for it .

In addition if you are in poly or uni insitutions, you are able to get a loan or grant on computers.

Besides that you can consider an assembled computer . It cost less than $500 to get an very up to date P4 computer ,,,,,

In addition you can get a second hand computer for less than $50 if you ask or search around.

Hope that the above will help.

Regards,
thundersun